two level 4's in a prefab.............

He doesnt know anything about car audio? Why dont you offer to build him a box, for half the price hes going to buy one for, no reason to insult someone who doesnt know on a car audio forum where he cant defend himself.

im not sure that he knows NOTHING about car audio. i dont know the guy but DC isnt exactly the most popular brand but it is a very good brand. I mean unless someone told this guy to buy them, he probably does know a little bit about it... just what im reading. So i would think he would know that a prefab probably isnt the best bet. But again i dont know the guy.

he was told about DC. im going to get everything set straight

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

He is going to be pretty pissed when someone with his same setup is hitting 10 times harder than his, like :wtf: .

i told him to just leave them on his seat lol

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Sometimes prefabs are actually not bad and really fit specs.

Don't know about the lvl4s but a looooong time ago I had some MTX Thunder 8000s in a Polk Audio DB series prefab and they sounded sick. So as long as you're not into the comp scene then prefabs aren't as bad as you think.

You just have to find one that fits your subs specs. But like I said, don't expect to win too much comps with it.

you got a good point because sometimes a prefab can be good but i saw a prefab my brother had for his solobaric l7 15 and it was like 2 cubes tuned to around 38 Hz with 11 inches of port per cube and all the sides besides the front baffle were 1/2" particle board.

that ended the chance of every using a prefab for me

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I am sure someone can talk him into to getting a custom box. Esp if he has the money.

I ordered my subs and def planned to get a custom box made but while i saved up for the box I was planning to just run them in my old prefab box i had.

Needless to say, i got my custom box built first. I told myself, do it right the first time. So my sub stage is going to be bananas, :yahoo:

Sometimes prefabs are actually not bad and really fit specs.

Don't know about the lvl4s but a looooong time ago I had some MTX Thunder 8000s in a Polk Audio DB series prefab and they sounded sick. So as long as you're not into the comp scene then prefabs aren't as bad as you think.

You just have to find one that fits your subs specs. But like I said, don't expect to win too much comps with it.

you got a good point because sometimes a prefab can be good but i saw a prefab my brother had for his solobaric l7 15 and it was like 2 cubes tuned to around 38 Hz with 11 inches of port per cube and all the sides besides the front baffle were 1/2" particle board.

that ended the chance of every using a prefab for me

Yeah that's why people tend to dislike them so much. Some small shop don't care about their customers, all they care about is profit so they get the cheapest prefabs they can. I went to a shop once to ask for a box for my cousin (he has 2 L7 12s at the time) and the shop guy pointed at some prefabs he had against his wall. I told him I thought it would need to be a custom box and he said no that those would work. I told him no because the L7s were square and he only had round speaker openings and his answer was, I can just cut the squares around the circles so they can fit. So that showed that some shops don't even care about their customers, since he couldn't even order a prefab box for the subs we had.

But if you look online there are some decent prefabs, I heard Q-Logic builds some pretty good ones.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

the only time i would recomend using a pre fab is if your not trying to go ape shit on your vehicle. if you just want something that will make noise and sound halfway decent then go for it

Maybe I should start my own prefab box company. I'll get a wood CNC and build assloads of different boxes that are all of appropriate sizes. Sending them off as pre-built or assembly required. Then again, I just want the excuse to buy a wood CNC.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

and i am going to help him put together his equipment and building a box

A lot of you fail at reading lol

I can't for the life of me remember his name but dude on here from Sac who has the Monte Carlo with the DD's told me he bought a nice prefab that fit the specs of the subs and he said it slammed, he linked me to the site but i can't remember it, i remember though the box was tuned to 35hz

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical