Best TV For My Budget, $700

Now that one caught my attention! Looks to be all I'm looking for, have you had experience with it?

Ricky, I did not know that. It wouldn't do it as long as the show/movie was constantly playing, right?

David, I've always loved a smaller tv for gaming, idk why. Tried it on my friends 32" HDTV, didn't care to play on it. I'm weird like that lol.

Lem, that one looks great as well!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Ricky, I did not know that. It wouldn't do it as long as the show/movie was constantly playing, right?

huh?? i think you got my post confused with someone elses

Oh chit, my bad. Small screen on mobile, everyone looks the same lol. Comment was directed at Beatbox.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Oh chit, my bad. Small screen on mobile, everyone looks the same lol. Comment was directed at Beatbox.

yes dont pass out with a dvd on and the menu screen sits there for hours.. will fuck your shit up nice and quick lol. take into consideration where the tv will be located in your house with what i said about lighting plasmas have a lot of glare if the room sees a lot of lighting

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

yes dont pass out with a dvd on and the menu screen sits there for hours.. will fuck your shit up nice and quick lol. take into consideration where the tv will be located in your house with what i said about lighting plasmas have a lot of glare if the room sees a lot of lighting

I started with an lcd tv and it seemed to have much more glare problems than my current tv which is plasma IMO and most plasma tv's have a screen saver option so that there is no risk of image burn.

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

I apologize for making two threads in a short amount of time, but it's on different topics so I hope it's alright.

I'm basically looking for the best TV that will fit a $700 budget. The bigger, the better, and I'd like it to be HDTV. 3D is a plus, but not necessary.

i worked at best buy for about 9 months, so hopefully i can help you a little here.

if you have a darker room, thistv should be a good choice. insignia plasmas are very comparable to samsung plasmas and usually at a fraction of the price. plasma tv's in general are probably the best looking tv's out there. in my personal opinion i think they are a great bang for your buck.

features on this tv are somewhat limited compared to some of the smart tv's. however, all of those features can be found in accessories that can be added later (pm me for info on that). you might notice that this TV is only 720p resolution, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. not a lot of programs are in 1080p anyways. and even some blu-ray movies are only recorded in 720. also, with plasmas, the difference between 720 and 1080 is pretty negligible to the naked eye.

Lastly, plasmas a lot of times can get burn in (look it up if you don't know what this is). i've seen it happen and i've had people tell me it's happened. the tv has a 2 year manufacturers warranty, but they will not cover burn in. also you're gonna have to pay each time a tech comes to your house for diagnosis and a second time for repair. for these reasons alone, i would get the 4 year protection plan. it covers EVERYTHING that could go wrong with that tv all up untill you throw the wii remote through the screen (unfortunately it doesn't cover that).

i know it may seem like extra money, but even as an ex-employee i still believe in the plan. 4 years is a long time, and in that 4 years you will never have to worry about spending a TON of money to replace a tv.

good luck and pm me if you have any questions! :good:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get the "bigger TVs suck for gaming" that's total bullshit. I play Xbox via HDMI on my 73" and it looks better than my friends 42" Samsung led who.plays Xbox via HDMI also so go big or go home

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I have a tiny bit of TV knowledge working a best buy and all but yes plasma tvs do kinda suck if the room is well lit. Plasma is the way to go if your in a basement with VERY little lighting and blows for video games IMO, LCD is the way to go for sure.

i have both plasma and lcd and disagree that ones better then the other. LG plasma Sony Led LCD

if you are a gamer by any chance, bigger TV's suck to play xbox/ps3 on :P

yeah how big is big? my tv isn't necessarily big, but it's 32" and i use it as my PC monitor. it looks great. i could only imagine what a bigger screen would look like

Archived