Reasonable price for Viper 5901 Install?

Wait?? what you mean there are dishonest sellers on the internet... hahahahaah

ROFLMAO :D

Its sad to say, but very true. :(

and as for a bestbuy or whatever place warranting the wiring of an install brought to them. There should be nothing to warranty if done legit (using quality double prong scotchlocks / t-taps, soldering/heatshrinking) it should never fail if done correct. I know a lot of people say scotchlocks dont hold, but usually its the cheap knock offs, I use all double prongs that pinch the wires without issues in my tahoe that does 155s at 36hz. If that is enough to keep cracking my rear doors and C pillars but not mess with my alarm, i guess they are fine to use IMO. LOL

shops around here charge $100 a hour and they say 4-6 hours for auto start! I charge $50-$75 a hour at my shop normally charge $275-$350 a auto start! Normal alarms i charge $100-150! My prices are with parts!

IF (not saying it does!!!) a car alarm take 4hour u have to think the shop has to pay that employee for 4 hours to do just your car when a good install can make the shop alot more money with other installs in that 4 hours! They also normally have other employees to pay and have bills to pay so they need to make a profit!

Plus i haven't met any installer that enjoys doing car alarms lol ikno i hate it and pawn it off when ever i can lol!

Our shop charges $60 flat for labor per hour if you brought something in to be installed (dont matter what it is) however if you buy from us you get heavily discounted. Most shops seem to operate this way. :)

And correct not all alarms take that long, but it really comes down to the said alarm, and what the user wants added for options. If you have to put power locks in the vheicle, extra sirens, tilt sensor, glass sensor, proximity sensor, dual shock sensors, etc. Not to mention some vehicles are a PITA to run wire!!!

Its kinda nice that the new alarms have the shock sensor built into the brains now, but there are times I dont like it either.

And your right! I hate doing alarm remote starts. I wont do them on the side at all!!! Just because I cant offer a warranty on the product, and my fat ass hates crawling under my dash!

i EFFIN love directtechs lol. hopefully my boss will get me my own name so i can stop use other peoples lol...and this is why most shops dont do great. god dam internet sales

I love it too.. but it seems to be lacking on the directwire info.. It use to list so many other things like where factory amps are, speaker wire colors etc, and all the new stuff just is not updated. :(

down here bestbuy charged 200 no sensors or remote start. The sensors are pretty much plug and play you can do that yourself if you can get to the brain.

As I said above, it depends on the alarm.

If your paying $200 for an alarm and dont even get a shock sensor wired in, or any of the other features not being hooked up, you got ripped off and your alarm is pretty much useless.

and for the viper 5901, the unit retails for $599.99, so people go and buy from other online retailers because they think its 200+cheaper... But the thing is that Directeds $599.99 price is including basic installation (brain, shock sensor, remote start, starter disable, hoodpin, siren, keyless (if vehicle has power locks) of the alarm which gets expensive if you try to have another shop install it for you (hence the point of this thread).

Also to add, if the installation shop does not have a BitWriter, then the alarm can not be adjusted to the users wants and needs, since your able to change lots of cool features of the alarm with a bitwriter.

I have the same alarm you just purchased but without some of the sensors you have. I went to a shop that is near my college and they installed it for like $450 i believe and that included all the labor, parts (mainly wire taps but the bypass module for my remote start), and they programmed it all. At the time of the install they guaranteed all the things they were putting in my truck just wouldnt warranty the alarm itself but if the wires they put in, the bypass module, any of the leads they ran, they covered it for life under their warranty. I had only one problem with them installing it and that was with my rear defroster. I had the guys run a wire for my trucks rear defroster but it didnt work, it kept saying feature unavailable when i had them finish my install. they insisted it was working but i tested it and it was not so i went on here and asked to see if anyone knew which setting to do for my trucks defroster and i went through the programming procedure and set it up and now my defroster works like a champ for the rear glass. I also had a minor problem with my spare remote not working, well i forgot i did it but i figured id give my dad my spare remote to move my truck if he had to and since he LOVES to bump the damn buttons in his pocket i set the keys to lock and neither me or the shop guys knew what was wrong with the remote until i took it home and played with it.

Also for my 5901, it came with the install diagrams if you need them i can try to scan them to you or something. My shop was not dei certified but they used to install and sell viper products years back so they didnt know about this new model alarm's wiring so they asked me for the schematic and i gave it to them and they figured it all out like a champ. I just recently went back to them for them to install my sonic, interior motion, and hood sensor (the hood pin was not used, instead the install guy suggested a mercury switch so it wouldnt rust out and always function). They are all working great and i have had no problems other than my damn sonic sensor. With how it was set from the install shop was so high that in a downpour my alarm would go off so i had to turn it way down to fix that.

Either way i have had mine for over a year with no problems other than the stupid minor things and i dont think 400 for it to be installed is bad. It took my guys i believe 3-4 hours to install my alarm all the way but the first time around they were in a hurry and didnt hookup my door sensor for the rear doors but thats not their fault since it turns out my truck didnt have an always live sensor for my rear doors so i had them tap into my inside lights so whenever they turn on and its armed the alarm goes off. Just have them mount the brain as close to the middle of your car as possible because if they shove it under your dash it will not work worth a shit.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have the same alarm you just purchased but without some of the sensors you have. I went to a shop that is near my college and they installed it for like $450 i believe and that included all the labor, parts (mainly wire taps but the bypass module for my remote start), and they programmed it all. At the time of the install they guaranteed all the things they were putting in my truck just wouldnt warranty the alarm itself but if the wires they put in, the bypass module, any of the leads they ran, they covered it for life under their warranty. I had only one problem with them installing it and that was with my rear defroster. I had the guys run a wire for my trucks rear defroster but it didnt work, it kept saying feature unavailable when i had them finish my install. they insisted it was working but i tested it and it was not so i went on here and asked to see if anyone knew which setting to do for my trucks defroster and i went through the programming procedure and set it up and now my defroster works like a champ for the rear glass. I also had a minor problem with my spare remote not working, well i forgot i did it but i figured id give my dad my spare remote to move my truck if he had to and since he LOVES to bump the damn buttons in his pocket i set the keys to lock and neither me or the shop guys knew what was wrong with the remote until i took it home and played with it.

Also for my 5901, it came with the install diagrams if you need them i can try to scan them to you or something. My shop was not dei certified but they used to install and sell viper products years back so they didnt know about this new model alarm's wiring so they asked me for the schematic and i gave it to them and they figured it all out like a champ. I just recently went back to them for them to install my sonic, interior motion, and hood sensor (the hood pin was not used, instead the install guy suggested a mercury switch so it wouldnt rust out and always function). They are all working great and i have had no problems other than my damn sonic sensor. With how it was set from the install shop was so high that in a downpour my alarm would go off so i had to turn it way down to fix that.

Either way i have had mine for over a year with no problems other than the stupid minor things and i dont think 400 for it to be installed is bad. It took my guys i believe 3-4 hours to install my alarm all the way but the first time around they were in a hurry and didnt hookup my door sensor for the rear doors but thats not their fault since it turns out my truck didnt have an always live sensor for my rear doors so i had them tap into my inside lights so whenever they turn on and its armed the alarm goes off. Just have them mount the brain as close to the middle of your car as possible because if they shove it under your dash it will not work worth a shit.

Thanks. I just opened my box and it comes with all the diagrams and stickers and some other paperwork in there. I am just going to have someone install it. And pay the money. The way I see it regardless of where I purchased it they are still going to install it the same.

I just thought that $850 quote was extremely unreasonable and I don't even think they could have justified those cost.

5901 owner also. The stock shock sensor built into the brain. You are correct though on every car different on what it might need to complete install. Maybe you can ask for a list of what they are going to use and that can cushion the blow to your wallet. Good luck.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

5901 owner also. The stock shock sensor built into the brain. You are correct though on every car different on what it might need to complete install. Maybe you can ask for a list of what they are going to use and that can cushion the blow to your wallet. Good luck.

Probably a good idea bc they will probably need some $100 part to get my unit installed and I can get it for $20 online.

I had mine installed for $550 including remote start which was an additional $100 for a separate module.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

alarms are not easy what car do you have/

2006 Mazda 3 (4 door if it matters)

lmao, you have the same car as me, I put a pythin 592, which is the same as a viper 5902, and the 5902 has the same brain as the 5901, ha ha, its not a hard car to do, the wires are easy to get to, when you do the locks, you will take the lock wire and go to the alarm arm of the car, and the unlock wire will go to the alarm disarm, otherwise the locks wont work right, I have the same year, mines just a hatchback, and a manual, so I had extra wires, all the door triggers and hatch trigger is on the passenger side, and the rest is in the driver kick or steering column, so its not hard to do, if you need help just ask, I can always help!

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived