DC Sound Lab

175.4 Thermal Protect Troubleshooting

I'm not convinced it's due to being in the trunk. Mine is in the trunk too, no fans, it's not even elevated at all...I keep my back seats up so it gets no air flow....I can play my system at full bore for as long as I want and my amp barely gets warm. Same for my sub amp, it stays even cooler than my 4ch even though it's wired to 1 ohm. But either way, I hope you get it figured out cause I know it sucks that you can't play it like you want. Good luck man

I know its been hot up here in the northern part of Los Angeles past few weeks, and going by orions avatar info of being in the 951 that area tends to be as hot or hotter so could be seeing 105+ degree weather then add the heat inside a trunk let alone a mustang hatch. Rember most of so cali is desert even if we got mad palm trees.

try full active with just some of the speakers..just to see what happens?

might be louder/cleaner and not as hot?

dunno noob throwing out an idea..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I'm not convinced it's due to being in the trunk. Mine is in the trunk too, no fans, it's not even elevated at all...I keep my back seats up so it gets no air flow....I can play my system at full bore for as long as I want and my amp barely gets warm. Same for my sub amp, it stays even cooler than my 4ch even though it's wired to 1 ohm. But either way, I hope you get it figured out cause I know it sucks that you can't play it like you want. Good luck man

I know its been hot up here in the northern part of Los Angeles past few weeks, and going by orions avatar info of being in the 951 that area tends to be as hot or hotter so could be seeing 105+ degree weather then add the heat inside a trunk let alone a mustang hatch. Rember most of so cali is desert even if we got mad palm trees.

I don't exactly live in a cool part of the state either....i'm in Sacramento were it routinely gets into triple digits.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Before sending it to anyone send it in so we can send it to dbr to have it looked at.

My 175.4 gets warm to the touch but has never shut off on me. I only have 1 set of components on ea channel at 4ohm. We got a thermal reader at the shop. I'll get some readings from my amp :)

Ok, i'll call you guys tomorrow. Im trying to sell it, so I need to know if there is a problem, so I can sell it as such.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I had my first 175.4 mounted in the trunk of my car on the back of the back seat sandwiched in behind my 2k which is mounted on the back of the box and I never had any issues at all. I now have both of my 175s mounted in front of my wall so I know they are getting plenty of air flow. They do still get warm but nothing bad.

I had my first 175.4 mounted in the trunk of my car on the back of the back seat sandwiched in behind my 2k which is mounted on the back of the box and I never had any issues at all. I now have both of my 175s mounted in front of my wall so I know they are getting plenty of air flow. They do still get warm but nothing bad.

Even more reason to believe a problem has arisen inside this one, since it does not seem to be a universal issue.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Even more reason to believe a problem has arisen inside this one, since it does not seem to be a universal issue.

Does your amp still have its warranty?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread