Anyone thinking of LASIK, FYI, it is SOOOO worth it!

I just want to say this is the most incredible thing ever. I was so nearsighted that my hand was blurry less than a foot from my face. And to now no longer need glassed in any form is just amazing!!

The consult is the longest part of the whole process. It starts off with your standard eye exam. Then you start into the reall stuff, for me it was 3 different scans of the eye on 3 different macnines. In all the consult took almost 2 hours.

Another cool thing, I was able to do the surgery the same day as my consult. Did the consult at 10am and the surgery at 4pm. The wait is what made me the most anxious. It was in my mind they are going to cut my eye with a razor. But, I got in and the Doc was awesome. Explained everything they were going to do and what the sensations would be. The whole team was awesome, contanstly communicating, and the Doc talking me through everything. The blackout when they make the cut is the only time you have no vision what soever, but the blackout only lasts 5 seconds. They put this suction cup thing on your eye and pull suction on it, then they opperate the cutter which is motorized, you can hear it but its done durring the blackout so you cant see it. After the cut, the Doc uses a tool to slide the flap away. Then adjust the laser and tells you to wath the blinking light. Durring the actuall treatment, all you hear is the clicks of the laser, which is not a visible light. All you do is look at a blinking light.

From the time I went into the room and was walking out was 5-6 minutes. It goes so fast. I couldn't belive it. I sat up and was able to read the clock across the room. And yes, you are completly awake for the procedure, they give you a 5mg Vallium to calm your nerves if you want it.

Night vision that night was not bad. My eyes were a little sore (felt like a pice of sawdust or something was in my eye), more irritited than anything. There was a slight "halo" effect around lights that night, just becaue the eye is still healing. The next night, it seemed normal with a slight starburst effect which they say will gradually dissipate after about a month. It is completely tolerabel.

All thing considered, would not hesitate to do it agin.

Edited by blade7022

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

what was your cost to do it

thats the part i dont like.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I was thinking of this someday, I wear contacts/glasses and things begin to get blurry at the distance you said. If you don't mind saying how much it cost thatd be cool. Did you feel it when they cut your eye at all?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I paid $2,026. That was $999(more expencive than it had to be, elected to use an upgraded wavefront laser to minimize tissue loss) per eye with taxes and the 1 gear guarantee. Have the option at the anuall check up to make it a lifetime guarantee for an additional $400. That means all checkups and any corrections if needed are coverd at no cost EVER. Totally going to do that, but why buy it up frot when you have a year to do it.

Edited by blade7022

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

I was thinking of this someday, I wear contacts/glasses and things begin to get blurry at the distance you said. If you don't mind saying how much it cost thatd be cool. Did you feel it when they cut your eye at all?

See post above for cost. But keep in mind that cost is dependant on persctition, overall health of the eye, and the equipment used. I had a healthy eye but they used an upgraged laser to minimize tissue loss should I need correction in the future. As for feeling, you don't feel a thing. Your eye is toally numb.

Edited by blade7022

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Had it done and love it. Was The next day after surgery I was 20/30, the next day 20/15. I need mine touched up though, I'm 20/30 again now but it's been 5 years and I havent exactly taken care of my eyes.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I paid $2,026. That was $999(more expencive than it had to be, elected to use an upgraded wavefront laser to minimize tissue loss) per eye with taxes and the 1 gear guarantee. Have the option at the anuall check up to make it a lifetime guarantee for an additional $400. That means all checkups and any corrections if needed are coverd at no cost EVER. Totally going to do that, but why but it up frot when you have a year to do it.

I have perfect vision still but Id definitely say that is worth it if you can give up the cash. But, if I were you, id be putting money towards that each month or the time will pass and you will never get around to it if you are anything like me. Over time the excitement you now have fades unfortunately.