Sundown Audio

should I?

I've already got the Kenwood though. It was a friends and he was upgrading and gave it to me for $60. I figured it would work with what I have so I bought it from him. I'm just asking would it be better to go ahead and get the DC? Moneys not really a problem at the moment. Just wanted a opinion from the fellas that know more about this stuff then I do XD

I honestly don't think I will get tired of the 8s, I love big bass but I don't really plan on getting bigger then the 8s.

Well either way, the lvl2's hold 600watts at max so 1200watts max per pair. I can almost guarantee that the Kenwood amp isn't putting out 1800watts of power. Maybe right around 1200watts. Also from my experience, most foreign amps like Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, etc. do not have clean bass. Most foreign brands like those I listed are known for treble and not bass. The DC 1.2k is underrated. I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushing 1500+watts and sounding 10 times cleaner than the Kenwood... but 1500+watts rms will be double, almost triple what the subs can handle. I would only upgrade to this amp if you plan to get subs that can handle more power and if you plan to upgrade your power wire and batter(y/ies). There's my 10 cents! :)

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

Ive been told the subs are also underrated. Ill probably get the DC anyways, and if I feel I don't really want it ill sell it in eBay or something lol. Thanks for the input fellas. Ill make a build log on the new ride sometime this month.

No the kenwoods are definately underrated, the 9104 I had only had like 60amps of fusing. The 9105 looks identical bit just with more fusing I think. Either way they are underrated at 2ohms but they do rated at 4 which is only like 500watts. Id get a better amp, while 100 watts isnt audible maybe, 600-800 sure is!!

And you can make profit on that 9105 dude they sell on eBay all day for 100-150 bucks, that's what I did with mine.

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

id sell the kenwood buy the 1.2k and 2 more 8s since money is no problem. but if you plan to stay with the 2 8s for a while and not upgrading subs the kenwood will do just fine. those 8s couldnt handle very much more anyways not even enough to be noticeable, plus you dont have to worry about giving them too much power.

btw kenwood does make solid amps.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

id sell the kenwood buy the 1.2k and 2 more 8s since money is no problem. but if you plan to stay with the 2 8s for a while and not upgrading subs the kenwood will do just fine. those 8s couldnt handle very much more anyways not even enough to be noticeable, plus you dont have to worry about giving them too much power.

btw kenwood does make solid amps.

It's a decent amp but definately underrated. Why not give yours subs at least rms? Your at about half rms right now that's all I'm saying

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs