Sonic Electronix

looking at some speaker wire and want some good stuff not just regular ole wire and was thinking about this ?? gona do 8ga for the subwoofers and 10ga for the mids/highs ... what you think ??

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KAR08SS

any other good suggestions would be appreciatated

for my mids and highs, i use the karma 10 ga. i believe, or 12ga, i forgot. and with the 8ga, i use the kolosus 8ga for my subs. all my wiring is knukonceptz, been happy with them for a year now.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

i think ill go with the kasa for mids/high and the kolossus for the subwoofers its cheaper than the kasa but prolly end up using all kasa so it matches .. my ocd will kick in haha

Edited by michigancapri92

The karma is good cable, but it's very large in diameter the way it is twisted together and is a bitch to strip. I have used a lot of Klear wire from knukonceptz and been happy with it.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

DONT get that speaker wire in the link. its the biggest pain in the ass to work with. just get the regular speaker wire from KNU.

and ya, you dont need 10awg wire for mids man. i have 14 or 16awg for 500w to my midbass speakers. plus, getting 10awg though the wire boot in the door would be damn near impossible for most cars.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I use the 10ga for my subs. with 8ga you just end up having to strip it down to make it fit in the push terminal. Use 10 for the subs and 14-16 for the mids and you will be good.

I am using the same wire you posted and it is very good wire, you will be happy with it.

what about there next wire

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kasa%20Speaker%20Kable

the 10 for the subs and 12 for the mids and highs ? or is that a little over kill ?? or should i just get the klear ?

dude, if this wire is for the equipment in your sig your just wasting money on wire here. you could easily use 12awg for the subs and 16awg for the speakers. you dont have anything high powered. you dont need to use silver plated wire. the smaller wire will save you money and be a lot easier to work with. its up to you what you want to get. just lending you my experience.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Couldn't you just do two runs of smaller wire if you are running a high power amp.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*