Second Skin Audio

Dorm room SPL?

What do you guys think could shake the hell out of my dorm? I'm in the basement at a far corner, and I want the kids upstairs to be complaining if i ever crank it all the way up. Right now I'm thinking about doing 2 tang band 8" woofers tuned to about 34 with subs up ports back (sub box will be going under my desk) and about 200 watts per woofer. Would a single 10" or 12" rock harder? Obviously not, but these woofers like small boxes; small to the point where you can't make the box big enough for the required port. Any thoughts?

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

big cone area, big t-line.

Even the neighbors will complain.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

<rant>

...I had my Cheap-ass Sony bookshelf system at school with me and got the RA called on me on more than one occasion. IDK if you've lived in a dorm before but people will hate you if you have a retarded loud stereo. You'll meet one or two kids who like it, but you'll meet ten times as many who don't.

</rant>

A single 8" woofer on 200-300 is more than enough to fill a dorm room with sound. A t-line is your best shot for loud on lower power. If you want to go traditional ported or can make it work in a t-line design, sub and port down in a room, especially one with hard floors, is the best. If that's not do-able, at least sub or port down is ideal, and have the other face toward a wall if it's on a corner.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I have a single 15 in a t-line in my room on about 200 watts and it shakes stuff on the other side of my house. Sounds great for movies and music. I love it. I want to add more power and use an actual subwoofer amp. Then it should sound really good.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k