Second Skin Audio

Kicker SoloX 18 or.... not?

Hifonics

His best option may not be running the FI BTL, obviously an error in the first install caused it to blow. Who's to say it won't happen again? He has already stated that the system was "professionally" done, so I'm sure he isn't ready nor willing to redone a subwoofer and build an install around it. Just because he has the subwoofer doesn't mean it's the best for his application. Hell, I have a DC Lv5 18 sitting in my closet and am looking for a smaller woofer that doesn't take as much power to get moving. Is the Lv5 18 my best option still mate?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

He wants to run 2600 watts, I'm pretty sure it's his best option. And you jumped the gun on your system mate, you should have planned better. I'm just saying he has the sub to make a great system, why are we here suggesting other companies highest powered subwoofers when he already has one the can hang with any! We should start concentrating on how the hell he blew up a BTL on such small power. We should be teaching him how to make a box, how to tune it, how to set his gains and what amp to get. The sub was definitely not the problem in this set up. We should dial in and find the actual problem, not just make a bunch of sub suggestions that will blow up just as easy or easier! That's fucking horrible advice "mate"...

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

half agree and half disagre. id get someone who live near me to help set me up so i don't blow it again.. make sure i get all of what i need

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Answer me one question, have you ever owned a FI BTL? Or are you talking out of your ass?

half agree and half disagre. id get someone who live near me to help set me up so i don't blow it again.. make sure i get all of what i need

except people dotn bother to fill in their profile so someone can say hey i live down the street. lets hook this bitch up proper. Ive offered to build the guy who lives by me his box for nothing if he wants to. He can come hang out and learn.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

He wants to run 2600 watts, I'm pretty sure it's his best option. And you jumped the gun on your system mate, you should have planned better. I'm just saying he has the sub to make a great system, why are we here suggesting other companies highest powered subwoofers when he already has one the can hang with any! We should start concentrating on how the hell he blew up a BTL on such small power. We should be teaching him how to make a box, how to tune it, how to set his gains and what amp to get. The sub was definitely not the problem in this set up. We should dial in and find the actual problem, not just make a bunch of sub suggestions that will blow up just as easy or easier! That's fucking horrible advice "mate"...

he's the one who asked suggestions. he has the right to do what he wants with his system. just because YOU think the btl is the best option doesnt mean he does. I think he should switch to 2 15's gives him the most cone area given his space. i do support your comment that he needs to know how to set up the system though. hence why i said right off the batt to set the amp correctly. as to the box, im sure he could slide one of the guys here 5 bucks and have a great design so its not an issue. plus, if he were to sell his blown BTL, he could about pay for one of his new subs and not have to worry about the hassle of a recone. you can do you dude, let him do him

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Answer me one question, have you ever owned a FI BTL? Or are you talking out of your ass?

[/quot.

but what difference that make? i got what n8 saying aswell. did exactly that went hang around local guys who compete and learn from them, now i go around there and help build boxes and i been doing it less then a year. building that is..

i went from buying prefab to help build 150 boxes with shitty equipment and lowish power..should have been better how i explained it, take time to learn with people who live near you..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

I asked that because he is talking as if the BTL is a godly subwoofer, and I want to know if he is justing basing his opinion off of he said she said, or if he actually has experience with the woofer.

he's the one who asked suggestions. he has the right to do what he wants with his system. just because YOU think the btl is the best option doesnt mean he does. I think he should switch to 2 15's gives him the most cone area given his space. i do support your comment that he needs to know how to set up the system though. hence why i said right off the batt to set the amp correctly. as to the box, im sure he could slide one of the guys here 5 bucks and have a great design so its not an issue. plus, if he were to sell his blown BTL, he could about pay for one of his new subs and not have to worry about the hassle of a recone. you can do you dude, let him do him

And I totally get where you are coming from as well, I'm not trying to force him not to change subs or keep it. I'm just trying to help him understand that that sub is not the problem most likely in this instance. 2 15's would he an upgrade in cone area and I'm not talking about your comment, that could he a good suggestion. But I'm talkIng about the people suggesting a level 4 or some other sub of the same, or lesser quality. You can make your set-up loud, probably the loudes in your area. You just need to learn how to make the correct box and get the correct power to it.

And yes supercharged I do have experience with them and have seen them, shit I saw Meade plug one into a wall socket for a few minutes and couldn't even blow it. I'm not even an FI fanboy tho thats not even the subs I run or would run if I had unlimited budget. I just know that is a very capable driver, it just needs a capable user

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived