Siete_Cinqo Posted December 8, 2011 Report Posted December 8, 2011 Bed cover will leak! Make sure you resin or paint the outise of your box if you want it to last long. Random vids of the Avalanche My link Team Bass-Hz
Real96SS Posted December 9, 2011 Author Report Posted December 9, 2011 Bed cover will leak! Make sure you resin or paint the outise of your box if you want it to last long. Already got the resin to do the outside and inside the box.I'm trying to find some of that herculiner here because I think that would be better but its hard to find here and can't get it shipped from the states. Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Real96SS Posted December 9, 2011 Author Report Posted December 9, 2011 Well small update today.Received one of my batteries today and as soon as I open the box I notice that the Kinetik box is beat to shit.Upon further inspection I found that it looked like someone dropped it on the corner by one of the post before it was packed up because the shipping box has no damage.So now I play the wait game with Audio Savings in trying to get a replacement.On a good note I did get the box back out and all torn apart again so that I could glue and screw it all together.I cut the baffles and a couple 45's for bracing.Still have more bracing to do and fiber glassing.I'm hoping to finish the box as soon as I get back from Paris.Now here's a couple pics of the beatup battery Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
96burban Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 Very nice build man! Can't wait to c it all together!! Sucks all the trouble Uve been through man. Especially the rims! Keep it up man! Current Builds:1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924SOwner: Pops Owner: Me Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-98273 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W30121 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v24 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt1 Optima Redtop batt1 Maxx start batt0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all aroundLOTS OF LEDS!Custom Chevy Xbox 36019" LED Vizio tvCOMING SOON!:custom amp rack custom amp rack2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf'ssecond custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012'sSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!iPad 2 dash mountand MUCH MORE TO COME!! MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD! MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build![/color]Check me out on Youtube at:Youtube.com/1987porsche924
LoudPursuit Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 What happened to your Batt SUCKS big time. I know the feeling of excitement when you get something in and are then disappointed. They will treat you right, they always do. Headunit: Pioneer avh-1400dvd Subs: DC Audio lvl 4 18 with carbon fibre dustcaps Sub amp: Rockford T2500-1bdcp Mids & Highs: RF Prime 5.25's + Focal Polyglass 6.5s Highs Amp: RF T600-4 Batts: XS Power D975, XS Power D925 Alt: Mechman 270a Wires: Shok Industries 1/0, RF RCA's and Shok 12/8 gauge speaker wires Deadening: Second Skin TEAM DC TEAM SHOK
scooter99 Posted December 9, 2011 Report Posted December 9, 2011 Ouch! That sux! Sorry to hear about that. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Real96SS Posted December 9, 2011 Author Report Posted December 9, 2011 Yeah I expected some bumps in the road with this build.I emailed AudioSavings earlier and they asked if it looked like it happened during shipping or before it was packaged.i told them it looks like it was before packaging and i have yet to get a reply back.Either way its cool.I got time as long as they cover the shipping back.Rob over at DCPower shipped me a wire harness today for the alternators.So first thing is to finish the box and then start wiring.In the mean time let's try to get some batteries that haven't been to hell and back LoL!!! Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Real96SS Posted December 11, 2011 Author Report Posted December 11, 2011 Got to lay some resin and fiberglass yesterday and today inside the box.The first batch of resin I ever made just now started to dry almost 24hrs later LoL.Hey its a learning process.Well I put some strips of chop along the 45's.It should be all dry in a couple hours and I will just let it sit overnight to be sure before I start sanding tomorrow. Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
bre2ts Posted December 11, 2011 Report Posted December 11, 2011 Looks good... Is there a wood shop on aviano? Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
Real96SS Posted December 11, 2011 Author Report Posted December 11, 2011 Yeah it's one one on base. I did most of my cutting there and then just pieced it together at home and make some small cuts Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.