Second Skin Audio

sa-8s?

how loud would 2 sa-8s be compared to a l7 15". i know they would absolutely crush them in sq but would they be much louder or even as loud as the l7. honestly idk if 2 little 8s could make as much noise as my l7 does. the 8s would probably be walled off from the trunk and the l7 will be sub up port back in the trunk so both given the right box, would the sas be louder?

also how would 2 sa-8s like 2k daily for long periods at a time?

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Subs are irrelevant. If your 15"s are in a generic prefab and the 8"s are in a box designed around their T/S specs, it could easily be louder.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

well according to Dr. Subwoofer, 2 8's would be equal to one 16" woofer :peepwall:

there's really only one way to find out for sure. i think sealing the 8's off from the trunk would be louder, but it's kind of a toss up. i say test it and find out.

running 2k on 2 600 RMS rated woofers might be risky, but i have no experience in the matter so i'll let somebody else speak up here.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

well according to Dr. Subwoofer, 2 8's would be equal to one 16" woofer :peepwall:

there's really only one way to find out for sure. i think sealing the 8's off from the trunk would be louder, but it's kind of a toss up. i say test it and find out.

running 2k on 2 600 RMS rated woofers might be risky, but i have no experience in the matter so i'll let somebody else speak up here.

I wanna say they're only rated for 400w rms, i think...lol

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I wanna say they're only rated for 400w rms, i think...lol

i must have been thinking of the 12... or something completely different.. idk it's late.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Subs are irrelevant. If your 15"s are in a generic prefab and the 8"s are in a box designed around their T/S specs, it could easily be louder.

i only have 1 l7 and its in a custom box i made.

and yes they are rated for 400 rms they have upgraded soft parts ( v2 soft parts on v1 motor/ basket) they probably would be on something like 1500 rms seeing ill only have big 3 and bigger battery done.

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

The SA-8's are rated for 400watts, they have a different motor than the other subs in the SA series. I would not put 2k on them I don't think, but maybe 1000-1200 if you just had to. And cvx was kidding when he said 2 8"s comes out to 16" of cone area, it's an inside joke! That isn't true in any way and that I not how you figure cone area, a 15" has reasonably more cone area than 2 8's... But on the plus side you have more motor force with the SA-8's and just a better sub. Personally I would do the 8's over the square subs for a lot of reasons, but really it's hard to say which would be louder, there are too many variables

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

i have no idea why i bothered to do this.... but enjoy

18vs9.jpg

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

I don't really get what that has to do with anything?

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs