what do you do for a living??

I work in an oil change shop,

My base pay is $30k a year.

I get bonuses based on performance/ sales numbers too.

It can add up to $1000 a month, it takes one hell of a good month for that though.

I'm still broke as fuck, being an adult sucks.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ER Nurse. 20 yrs exp. this Nov. Woo-who! I usually make about $92-95K gross, a yr doing 13-16 wk contracts. Now I am happy making about half of this and not work so much. I just finished working 9 out of 10 days, which computes to about 3 wks of work. I'm on day 3 of "Frank TIme". Have to decide "Do I take 3 wks off or work next week?". Busy season starts up in Oct. I'll be back to 4 days a week, than 1 week off per month, hording the money for the up coming summer. :)

-Frank

It can add up to $1000 a month, it takes one hell of a good month for that though.

Dont know how old you are but I started off at an oil change shop while taking my ASE certification tests,few years later me and 2 buddies opened up our own auto shop and did that for 12 years until me and the wife decided to have kids talked it over and sold my portion for upper 6 figures to become a stay at home dad....if you like the automotive industry and live in an area where you can make money doing stick with it...we averaged $50k a month the last 8 years before I sold my 1/3...there's good money to be had if you're good at it and become reputable

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

graduated highschool 2 years ago. didn't re-enroll back in college, started an apprenticeship with an electrician. Realized I was fucking miserable about 9 months in, told the dude to fuck off.

Now I'm 20.

Class A CDL Driver and Heavy Equipment operator for the county. I drive tractor trailers hauling rock and heavy equipment, drive 10 wheelers(dumptrucks), and run heavy equipment like road graders, back hoes, bulldozers, track hoes, and other road maintenance equipment.

Base gross salary is $45k a year. After taxes and insurance I should take home $33 to 34k-ish. Get a 5-10% raise every year, and the county matches my retirement up to 20% sooooo I'll probably stay here awhile.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

PIpe layer in Anchorage alaska for the last 25 yrs union. $35 per hour take home hardest job in the industry IMO. 45 yrs old and plan to retire at 50.

Dont know how old you are but I started off at an oil change shop while taking my ASE certification tests,few years later me and 2 buddies opened up our own auto shop and did that for 12 years until me and the wife decided to have kids talked it over and sold my portion for upper 6 figures to become a stay at home dad....if you like the automotive industry and live in an area where you can make money doing stick with it...we averaged $50k a month the last 8 years before I sold my 1/3...there's good money to be had if you're good at it and become reputable
I'm 31.

I've always liked working in the automotive industry.

My boss has actually been encouraging me to go get my certs.

He said if I get them he will let me work out of his shop, use his insurance, and everything else, he'll pay for materials and parts, and we split labor 50/50.

So basically I have absolutely no cost involved and could make decent money.

He had a guy doing it before but the guy ended up liking drugs more than he liked working.

He said they were splitting about $10k a week on average.

There are some things that go on with my company that make me not want to do it with them being part of it.

Also I can't get the time off right now to even go take the test, I'm on 6 10 hour days permanently.

It's next to impossible to get a day off since they like to run skeleton crews at all their stores.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Bringing this SOB back from the dead.

Financial Consultant- WestPoint Financial (Mass Mutual Midwest)

- Financial Planning

- Investing

- Risk Management

- Insurance

- Disability

- Long term care

Series 7, Series 66, Series 63, and Life and Health. 6 Years Experience

If you dont have a Financial Plan in order, hit me up. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY. You have a responsibility as a mom/dad/husband/wife to take care of your family. Going through the process for free right now.

We should talk. I've got all the family stuff in order but I've got expendable income that can make more money then putting it in my 401k. I've been looking into betterment but always up for ideas

PM Sent.

anyone else?? At one point or another its a good idea to talk to someone like myself :)

Seriously, if anyone has kids ,and nothing set up for them for the future, please PM me. I have allll the ideas.

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

I'm currently in college working on my BS in Computer Science. Work as a Resident Assistant (yay free room and board plus a measly $103 a month). Don't really know what I want to do but I better figure it out. Thinking about maybe getting a master's degree but idk what it would be in. Maybe after my senior level CS classes this semester I'll have more of an idea of what I want to do (Human Factors in Computer Systems and Computer System Security)

I'm currently in college working on my BS in Computer Science. Work as a Resident Assistant (yay free room and board plus a measly $103 a month). Don't really know what I want to do but I better figure it out. Thinking about maybe getting a master's degree but idk what it would be in. Maybe after my senior level CS classes this semester I'll have more of an idea of what I want to do (Human Factors in Computer Systems and Computer System Security)

If you want to get into IT you will probably be better served by getting certifications than a Masters degree IMHO.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you want to get into IT you will probably be better served by getting certifications than a Masters degree IMHO.

I honestly don't know what I want to do. I was a computer tech guy for my school (it was actually a class and I was only one of 4 to be put in it) and I got my Comptia A+ cert before graduating highschool and should've got the Net+ but oh well. I definitely would prefer not to do a whole lot of programming. I'm pretty decent at it but it just doesn't hold my interest (at least what we're doing in class doesn't). I really prefer more hands on stuff.

Archived