Sonic Electronix

amp fuses melted please help

Also look at how tightly the fuse is held by the fuse holder prongs

\

am unable to all the suround has melted into it

but yer im thinking the same thing..i think it shorted

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

I wouldn't say shorted. I'm guessing poor connection and you were trying to pull some heavy current so the poor connection caused excessive heat and melted the holder

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

for sure it wasnt my ground..maybe the +

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

fuses too big?

468x60drc.jpg

I'm gonna say something at the fuse holder (fuse or wires) was'nt connected as tight or as even and flat as it needed to be. You're just going to have to get a new fuseholder, I like the "female" style fuse holers where the wire goes into the holder and you screw the wire down, instead of the bolt type fuse holders where you need to have ring

terminals. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you had the bolt type fuse holder?

Something similar to this?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36278_Xscorpion-ANL1010P.html

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

yep but it didnt fk up there tho it stuffed up down by the amp fuses

fuses too big?

Kinda thinking the same... 4 40amper's for a class D??????...

You do know what the response amp is right?

Its made by Jaycar, it is zenon built, and almost identical to the Sundown SAZ-1500 which is also fused with 4 40 amps in a class d monoblock.

As someone else said, the prongs that phsically hold the fuse in the fuse sockets could of been holding the fuses too loose and with little to no contact they got hot and melted.

or you where running the amp at a lower impedance then the 1ohm stable it is rated for.

I Had a buddy with 2 saz-1500s strapped at 1.33 ohms and due to the added current draw for the lower impedance it would melt and pop fuses after a minute of full tilt play time.

Archived