POWER LOSS! Please help 1996 cobra

I am having power issues with my 1996 svt cobra. It has been doing it randomly the past week but now is consistent whenever the engine is cold. In 1st and 2nd gear it is blatantly obvious and sometimes in 3rd, almost exactly on the 3300rmp mark I lose about 25%-35% power. It acts as if I let off the gas and got back on it. I have thoroughly cleaned the intake and MAF and the problem still persists!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Some parts that have been mentioned to me to replace:

IMRC plates

Coil pack

MAF sensor

TPS sensor

Plugs and wires

11-18-11 I used Seafoam today and cleaned a bunch of crap out, so far its running a lot smoother but still have my problem.

11-20-11 Finished cleaning the entire intake and IMRC plates today. Runs so much better and smoother... however my problem still persists.

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0380.jpg

Looked like a birds nest sitting under my intake o.O

IMAG0381.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0386-1.jpg

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Possibly ignition related...def check coil packs and plugs. Have coils tested and if youre gonna go thru the effort of pulling the plug, might as well just throw a new set in regardless... its cheap insurance. Pull the plugs and post a screen shot of them... might get an idea of whats going on in there from how the plugs look.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I had a similar problem in my 02 Monte Carlo. It was the mass airflow sensor. Try getting the MAF cleaner if that makes a good difference that might be the problem. Look in it and make sure the little sensors are clean and shiny. Good luck

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Also have a vacuum test done to make sure there's no leaks or a clog in the cats/exhaust system.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Possibly ignition related...def check coil packs and plugs. Have coils tested and if youre gonna go thru the effort of pulling the plug, might as well just throw a new set in regardless... its cheap insurance. Pull the plugs and post a screen shot of them... might get an idea of whats going on in there from how the plugs look.

I pulled the plugs on 11-18-11 and they were absolutely filthy, and got new ones. However i forgot to do the seafoam BEFORE installation of the new plugs. So right now my new plugs have had the abuse of seafoam and are white. I am installing new plugs and wires tonight, Ill let you know the results.

Unfortunately i do not have money for new coil packs right now:/

I had a similar problem in my 02 Monte Carlo. It was the mass airflow sensor. Try getting the MAF cleaner if that makes a good difference that might be the problem. Look in it and make sure the little sensors are clean and shiny. Good luck

I cleaned the MAF with the specified cleaner, nothing different. thanks though!

Also have a vacuum test done to make sure there's no leaks or a clog in the cats/exhaust system.

No vacuum leaks, i thought of that too

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Have you checked timing and fuel pressure yet?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I would visit a Mustang forum as I'm absolutely POSITIVE they could diagnose this problem in about 15 seconds. Also, there are a couple die hard Mustang guys on here. 727Designs knows a thing or two about them I think, and a few other know the Fox body Mustangs very well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i was gonna say compression test, then check see if all cylinders are firing. I had a friend who was running on 3 cylinders on a 5.0 foxbody. He found out after he sold it lol.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz