Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

N8 your killing me,lmao... I've personally only ran fatmat in my car. Good price and it seemed to do what I wanted it to do... however I noticed it stinks pretty bad when you first receive it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I complete agree with single layer tests like this.. but for the money I triple layer my roof and I got good results, on the other hand never tried anything else. Down fall is I had a real hard time with adhesion on my roof even after I clean and everythng.. maybe if second skin would cut smd members a nicer deal, I would really switch over... jmo.

I also wish FI would cut me a deal on BTLs so that they're closer in price to some Sonys. But then I realized that's absolutely retarded. Better product, better performance means higher price cause that's how business works. For the same money I could buy 8 Sony woofers and be just as loud as a BTL. What would you rather have bro? 8 Sonys or one BTL? Same applies to deadener, and I think I'll take the better deadener.

i rather have 1 BTL :P

So by this data I would need around 12 layers+ of PnS on my roof for the same performance... Nice!

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

oh well, ill carry on misunderstood and y'all carry on selling stuff that doesn't do a bit of good for half the target audience of this forum. Note the gfaphs had huge spikes down low, where most of us want deadening to begin with.

What do you mean spikes down low?

I don't know...

As the graph moves horizontally, that is the time frame, starting at 0 and going all the way to 120 seconds.

The vertical peaks is the amplitude of the vibration, higher the peak, the more it vibrated/registered.

And I appreciate all the feedback, be it good or bad. Really I do appreciate it guys. :clapping:

My guess, and it's only a guess, is he thought you were recording sound rather than movement.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You missed the entire mark on this one.

Your saying that means you missed the point of my post, and so did jon as it seems.

oh well, ill carry on misunderstood and y'all carry on selling stuff that doesn't do a bit of good for half the target audience of this forum. Note the gfaphs had huge spikes down low, where most of us want deadening to begin with.

So what was your point?Besides sticking up for peel and seal. It reminds me alot of the people who bought a junk woofer and swear by it when everyone else is telling them its junk. They dont want to admit that its not the greatest. If you want to run peel and seal go ahead just stop saying its cheaper and does just as good a job.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your saying that means you missed the point of my post, and so did jon as it seems.

So what was your point?Besides sticking up for peel and seal. It reminds me alot of the people who bought a junk woofer and swear by it when everyone else is telling them its junk. They dont want to admit that its not the greatest. If you want to run peel and seal go ahead just stop saying its cheaper and does just as good a job.

other then the fact that sound deadner works great for people who aren't loud ;)

my underlying original point wasn't a point at all, it was a purpose.

Purpose was to allow someone who does a shit ton of work in research to be a better person and calmly prove me wrong. Not be bitched out by nuthuggers and the like.

but an ulterior purpose emerges here, the one where i've been silently protesting said nuthugging noobs from day one.

Think

research

test

FOR YOUR SELF

edit: oh and btw, i'm not sticking up for shit. i truely wanna be convinced, and not doing 100% vs 100% coverage just throws a loop of doubt in my mind.

Edited by Sanitarium

so you want to see 100vs 100 coverage?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

other then the fact that sound deadner works great for people who aren't loud ;)

my underlying original point wasn't a point at all, it was a purpose.

Purpose was to allow someone who does a shit ton of work in research to be a better person and calmly prove me wrong. Not be bitched out by nuthuggers and the like.

but an ulterior purpose emerges here, the one where i've been silently protesting said nuthugging noobs from day one.

Think

research

test

FOR YOUR SELF

edit: oh and btw, i'm not sticking up for shit. i truely wanna be convinced, and not doing 100% vs 100% coverage just throws a loop of doubt in my mind.

You never answered my question.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69