Second Skin Audio

Sundown audio Nightshade v.2 18 or Fi Btl N2 18

Hey! Sub will be used daily.Let me know whats your opinion guys...Thanks :drinks:

amp - sundown saz4500d 0.5 ohms

mechman 200 alt,xs power d3400 and two d3100s in back.

you might want to do a little research before jumping into this. both of those subs would be at their limits on a 4500 at 0.5 ohm plus youre gonna need more charging system to keep up with that

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

actually had a convo with irpirate on facebook last night about this exact comparison. apparently the nightshades have something called a magnet ID shorting ring in them, which the BTL's do not.

from my understanding this little piece means less distortion and less impedance rise, which translates to more power out of your amp. he told me he clamped 2 saz4500's on the different subs. with the BTL's the amps were around 7k, and with the nightshades the amps were putting out around 10k.

but i agree with what was said earlier, don't go balls deep until you've done sufficient research.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Hey! Sub will be used daily.Let me know whats your opinion guys...Thanks :drinks:

amp - sundown saz4500d 0.5 ohms

mechman 200 alt,xs power d3400 and two d3100s in back.

If you go with fi, keep in mind that their dual 1ohm woofer reads .7ohms per coil.

So if you wire it in Parallel to what you think is .5 ohms, you are wrong, it will be .35 ohms...

Your going to need more then a 200 amp alt, 2 d3100s and d3400, unless your planning on playing at 10volts daily.

You may want to chose the dual 2 ohm model which reads 1.4ohms per coil, or .7 instead.

The amp will take it IF you know what your doing, and thats a BIG IF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man and I thought I was trying to push it by using the 3500's on my BTL's. I wouldn't put a 4500 on either of those subs and like 6berry said you may want to do some research before you make a decision.Especially on whats going to be providing the power to anything thats going to be pushing wither of those subs

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

:popcorn: waiting for the post where either his car dies or his amp keeps cutting out and he has no idea why.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.