Firefighters let house burn over $75 fee

Can anyone on here listen to a vid or read???????

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

no can't watch the vid says something about they can't show it. but if they were already there how much more could it cost to stop the fire especially since they were going to if it spread?????????

thats just like im fixin to work at a chevy dealership and i was told about the boss from my soon to be boss. he said in 09 the company lost 500,000 dollars no money for christmas bonuses so you know what the boss did took 40,000 dollars out his own pocket to pay everyone there a bonus thats what good ppl do :good:

My step-dad is the pres of our local VFD and he and every single person on that fire dept do it because they want to help, they don't get paid for it at all, everything they have is funded by taxes and grants. The fee is fucking ridiculous especially since most of the cost is getting there which apparently they do anyway. I understand those ppl didn't pay it so ya that is their fault, but it is still fucked up that there is a fee. And he will leave at any hour during anything to respond to a call, just like every other guy on the fire dept.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

My step-dad is the pres of our local VFD and he and every single person on that fire dept do it because they want to help, they don't get paid for it at all, everything they have is funded by taxes and grants. The fee is fucking ridiculous especially since most of the cost is getting there which apparently they do anyway. I understand those ppl didn't pay it so ya that is their fault, but it is still fucked up that there is a fee. And he will leave at any hour during anything to respond to a call, just like every other guy on the fire dept.

see thats what im sayin the fee shouldn't be there and if they came anyways like you said thats the most expensive part then why didn't they do the job its not like they were gettin paid for that either way

edit: i know they were gettin paid im sayin they weren't gettin 75 dollars but they already wasted the gas and were gonna do something if it went somewhere else but not just one house thats ridiculous

Actually, it is a city fire dept and they are funded via taxes. It says in the video, people inside the city pay nothing, while people outside have to pay $75. They city fire dept is therefore funded and so is the county for that matter, meaning they are underfunded to maintain so they charge others to help fund the city's fire dept and this is wrong. If you are going to charge someone, then you charge EVERYONE. If you live within city limits and pay a tax those who live outside don't, then it is a little more understanding, but without knowing all the facts, we can go back and forth. Regardless, the problem is, they shouldn't just stand by and watch, the govt should step up and put priorities where they need be (fire and police depts and education), and this shit would never be and should never be an issue. This is against what our country is for. We are all neighbors and this was a dick move by a neighbor. I bet if it was the Mayor's house and he didn't pay, they would put the fire out..or any other official for that matter.

As for the taxes part. As much as the govt triple dips in taxes, it should be a crime, but we need what we need. You are taxed on your income, then basically taxed again for everything else you buy. Most counties have a tax, states have a tax and quite a few cities have a tax and with this, it should cover all resources paid for by the govt.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Actually, it is a city fire dept and they are funded via taxes. It says in the video, people inside the city pay nothing, while people outside have to pay $75. They city fire dept is therefore funded and so is the county for that matter, meaning they are underfunded to maintain so they charge others to help fund the city's fire dept and this is wrong. If you are going to charge someone, then you charge EVERYONE. If you live within city limits and pay a tax those who live outside don't, then it is a little more understanding, but without knowing all the facts, we can go back and forth. Regardless, the problem is, they shouldn't just stand by and watch, the govt should step up and put priorities where they need be (fire and police depts and education), and this shit would never be and should never be an issue. This is against what our country is for. We are all neighbors and this was a dick move by a neighbor. I bet if it was the Mayor's house and he didn't pay, they would put the fire out..or any other official for that matter.

As for the taxes part. As much as the govt triple dips in taxes, it should be a crime, but we need what we need. You are taxed on your income, then basically taxed again for everything else you buy. Most counties have a tax, states have a tax and quite a few cities have a tax and with this, it should cover all resources paid for by the govt.

totally agree

damn,thats sad.....heartless firefighters

so was the point for tax paying?

idiots like them make a gorgeous city look bad :sorry:

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

If you live within city limits and pay a tax those who live outside don't, then it is a little more understanding, but without knowing all the facts, we can go back and forth.

That IS the situation. This is not the first time this has happened in this area. The people outside the city don't pay a dime to the fire department. That is why they are given the option to pay the 75 bucks for protection. They knew the risk and decided to roll the dice...they lost. It is a shame that they lost their house but they knew the deal. The fire dept showed up and made sure nobody was in danger and stayed to make sure the fire didn't spread. That is all they are PERMITTED to do. I am sure that most if not all of them wanted to put out the fire but they actually are not allowed to do that.

this is so sad... how people can just simply not care..

this totally made me very mad..bc a few of my relatives are very near to that area..

regardless if your a paid firefighter or not.. premitted to do so or not..blah blah.. at LEAST 1 person could have showed some "love" and at least attempt to put the fire out

instead they sat by and said fuck it these poor ppl cant pay 75bux a yr.. so fuk it..right??

when u pay taxes and pay bills and everything else we get taxed for on this earth.. a damn firefighter can at least try to do his/her job

Archived