Sonic Electronix

how do you get trust from the companies though

promote their stuff, be the reason people are calling to buy equipment..

use their products...

hell, im still not sponsored by anyone...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'm pretty sure you were talking about carsponsorships.com??? Anyway you are going to have to invest your own money to get sponsored. There is a pretty popular guy in the car audio world which is a perfect example on how to get sponsored. Run 4 18's that you paid for yourself.....posts 100's of youtube videos then people will come to you and ask you to use their products. The companies know your going to continue to post vids and they want in. Then you can start your own website and product line......

Sponsors want to know without a doubt that you are a good marketing tool for them. You are gonna have to spend your own money to start. My best advice for you is to find a local shop that is up and coming and see if they can give you close to dealer price. slap their logo on your car and buy what you can when you can. In a few years you will have a better chance of being sponsored.

On a side note sponsors make you sign a contract with obligations that you have to fulfill. I went looking for a sponsor this year and got one offer but I was required to get 2 $3000 buy-ins and run their tent at 3 shows or I paid msrp for the products. I had no problem running tents but i couldn't guarantee 2 buy-ins within 1 year so I had to pass.

Edited by varietyguy

Your best sponsor starting out will always be yourself.Nobody's going to give something to someone who has done nothing.If you have then they will require proof but from the sounds of it you are basically trying to get someone to pay for your system and whatever else you want done to your car.Hate to tell you but it's going to be a long time and plenty of money later before anyone seriously considers sponsoring you.If you put in the work maybe in a couple years you won't have to ask they will ask you.Real Talk!!!

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Spend the money and build some incredible rides that get tons of exposure at national shows (like SEMA) and magazine exposures. Then take that history of success and present it to the companies that you are looking at and then they will consider you. Even then, there are 100 other people building incredible cars so at that point relationships and connections help.

Why would any companies give away products to someone simply because they hit up all the shows and can't afford gear for their car. That is who they want to SELL products to. In fact car audio is so dead that you are about the only customers anymore. So good luck finding a company to give away free products to their last few remaining customers. That will put the nail in the coffin of car audio for sure. RIP Car Audio. Glad I am out of that industry!

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

Spend the money and build some incredible rides that get tons of exposure at national shows (like SEMA) and magazine exposures. Then take that history of success and present it to the companies that you are looking at and then they will consider you. Even then, there are 100 other people building incredible cars so at that point relationships and connections help.

Why would any companies give away products to someone simply because they hit up all the shows and can't afford gear for their car. That is who they want to SELL products to. In fact car audio is so dead that you are about the only customers anymore. So good luck finding a company to give away free products to their last few remaining customers. That will put the nail in the coffin of car audio for sure. RIP Car Audio. Glad I am out of that industry!

What the Hell are you talking about??? Car Audio may have died down in some areas but it certainly is not dead and further more there are plenty of companies sponsoring cars it's just not an easy thing to get into. Since you are "Out of the Industry" why are you a member of a Car Audio forum. May I add that if you check numbers of some of the popular main stream brands sales in recent years have crept back up, Car Audio is like anything else it has its trends sometimes its hot sometimes its not but best believe it will never die.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

if you dont come off as a bitter shop owner I dont know who does.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What the Hell are you talking about??? Car Audio may have died down in some areas but it certainly is not dead and further more there are plenty of companies sponsoring cars it's just not an easy thing to get into. Since you are "Out of the Industry" why are you a member of a Car Audio forum. May I add that if you check numbers of some of the popular main stream brands sales in recent years have crept back up, Car Audio is like anything else it has its trends sometimes its hot sometimes its not but best believe it will never die.

I am a member of a car audio forum because I am still an audio enthousiast. I am still building vehicles and installing car audio in my own vehicles. I just don't work for car audio company any more. I started in the business in the 80s and some may say that I am glamorizing the past but car audio was a great business at one point with sound quality and installation techniquue being a big focus. Each year it was exciting to see the innovations made at CES. Now with the exception of a few small companies, car audio is all about who can make the cheapest amp with the most power and as long as the amp survives it is a success. Cheap is what sells, that pretty much sums it up and I am glad to be out of that business. Just stating a fact, its a free country.

if you dont come off as a bitter shop owner I dont know who does.

Fortunately, I have never owned a shop. I have only worked for car audio manufacturers. So I am a bitter car audio industry professional. I have no problem admitting that. But, also, fortunately I work in the pro A/V industry now and still have a great job but I did enjoy car audio and am very sad to see where it has gone.

For a company to "sponsor" you, whether it be totally free product or just a discount. They have to know it will make them money, and a lot of it.

I've been on a few Teams in my short time. Sundown, SSA, etc... But I always send massive business to these companies so they feel it paid off.

How can you, prove to companies that sponsoring you will make them money?