Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz2400.1d keeps frieing every few months..

guimond47

Itts only .3 of an ohm... Ill ohm it tonight

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

I've ran my brz2400 at .5 ohm daily for like 4 months with absolutely zero problems lol all I got is a stock batt, big 3 and a kinetic 1400 in the back :s

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Yea soo dont blame it on the ohm.. , my amp is screwed to the sub box cant it be vibrating the amp to the point to fry it,...?

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

1) takes a look at specifications of what the amp will do

2) notices that amp is stable down to 1ohm

3) decides to run amp below 1 ohm

4) wonders why amps keeps blowing after a few months

damn facking shame :(

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Hello i have the hifonics brz 2400 and its pushing a fi btl and i do not use the bass boost noob and my gains are set corectly. The btl is a true 1.7 ohm dual vc so its parelled down to .7 ohm which the amp shouldnt really see because of imp rise.. And as for the electrical system i have dual batts 1000ca each and big 3 upgrade with barely any volt drop wen deiving and stuuff. What is going on with the hifonics line up,? Brz's should be solid amps...

music and rise dont go together, changing frequencies mean varying ohm loads. wiring to .7 and saying rise will help you only really applies to burps. that impedance is too low for that amp, it either that or some other form of user error, it isnt the amps. :shrug:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Yea soo dont blame it on the ohm.. , my amp is screwed to the sub box cant it be vibrating the amp to the point to fry it,...?

every system is different, there are hundreds of variables. just because so and so can do it doesnt mean you have the knowledge to do it (im not calling you stupid). You electrical might not be on par with his, running below 1 ohm usually requires super beefed electrical to handle it, and low voltage seems to become much more dangerous.

i still think it is user error.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Setting the Gain on your amp (by the voltage writing on the gain knob) to what your HU is supposedly putting out means squat. Unless you have set your gains properly with an O-Scope or a DD-1 (both distortion on HU, and amp gains), you are just wasting time and fooling yourself on your gain settings.

Yes- you are running it below 1 ohm. Not advised.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Everyone needs to realize this is the same person who wanted to run multiple voicecoil configurations, was told not to, did it anyways, and then blew subs (amp as well I think). There is almost no end to this.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived