FI SP4 18s 3400 watts on each

oh i c. so 2 amps strapped wouldn't do the same? i guess thats what i assumed.

now that im on a laptop this is a bit easier. The rise is still there. It just doesnt go away. Instead of being presented to two amps functioning as one its now being distributed to two amps acting as two. The rise still happens you just get the rise from each coil going to each amp. Its not exactly a science and there are chances that the strapped pair will do more power. Its what makes this interesting. You never know what will happen til you try.

he has brz1700s they are not strappable.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

now that im on a laptop this is a bit easier. The rise is still there. It just doesnt go away. Instead of being presented to two amps functioning as one its now being distributed to two amps acting as two. The rise still happens you just get the rise from each coil going to each amp. Its not exactly a science and there are chances that the strapped pair will do more power. Its what makes this interesting. You never know what will happen til you try.

ohhhh i c what your getting at. :good: thx for the explanation

Thanks for the great explanation. I got the multimeter from my pops so when I get a little light in the morning I'm gonna go out and set them gains properly

If you said your amps don't have a master/slave switch, you can't strap them anyway.

wrong! any amp is strappble just gotta know how to do it or buy a maxxlink

for the average user. its not . lol stop it alpine. :D

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you said your amps don't have a master/slave switch, you can't strap them anyway.

wrong! any amp is strappble just gotta know how to do it or buy a maxxlink

for the average user. its not . lol stop it alpine. :D

lol

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

• 3 weeks later...

Ok do it's been a hot minute since I posted something but I have allot to say so here we go. First major thing is my output was being murdered by something called improper phasing which I'm sure you all know what it is. Second since one amp burnt up I had to back both subs down to one amp each till the 4th amp comes back. The good news is with both subs properly wired and the phase switch on the amp back to normal the output with 1200 on each is equal to when one had 3400 and the other had 1200. In even better news I pick the new amp up tomorrow and will be running full power (properly gain matched thanks to my new knowledge) by lunch. I recently got to meet up with ugpbmx and demo his dope ass F100 unfortunately he wasn't able to snag the TL for me to test but we are set to meet Sunday and see if I can into the 50s and if so how far can she go. I also redid my bus bars on the hatch side by welding a 3 inch aluminum bar to the existing and tapping it allowing more power wire to be hooked to and I'm now no longer having to bend the wire around the front of the box. All in all it looks allot cleaner. Its nothing big but if people wanna see pics of what I'm saying just lmk and I'll get em up asap

Archived