gally Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 i like Cohiba cigars most of em recently tasted the david off demi taste but im not so certain about it..also Moya cigars taste good.. 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
gckless Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 So I've got a small box humidor with about 40-50 cigars in it (I don't know exactly which ones, but I do remember a couple being like $20 cigars), I was into them about 6 years ago. I haven't kept up with it, so I'm fairly certain most of them are pretty dried out. Any tips on how to revive them? I saw just do it slowly over a couple months while the humidor recharges and it should be ok. And yes, I know they won't be the same, but most people say I can probably get them back to about 80-90% of what they were. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
bcpballer64 Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 So I've got a small box humidor with about 40-50 cigars in it (I don't know exactly which ones, but I do remember a couple being like $20 cigars), I was into them about 6 years ago. I haven't kept up with it, so I'm fairly certain most of them are pretty dried out. Any tips on how to revive them? I saw just do it slowly over a couple months while the humidor recharges and it should be ok. And yes, I know they won't be the same, but most people say I can probably get them back to about 80-90% of what they were. From what I have been reading the last several days (which is everything i can find) I would take them out and put them in a zip lock or Tupperware then re season your box, then slowly reintroduce your sticks because putting them back in all at once will probably tank your RH in your box. Check out the link below, it is a humidity packet, the 84% is for seasoning only. Theby have a few other RH levels. They last a couple months once you are seasoned (that obviously depends on your climate). Like I said this is what I have read across last several days, I am still new to the cigar hobby. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004NXXBLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445964407&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=boveda+seasoning&dpPl=1&dpID=41trsfFY2%2BL&ref=plSrch "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
kingsuv Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 I've been so damn busy, I haven't even thought of making my humidor. Got everything I need but time LOL. I have pretty much locked in my business with 2 shops who do their own roll. Both roll a killer cigar and are easy to drop by on the way home from work. My habit is almost a nightly deal now LOL Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
gckless Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 So I've got a small box humidor with about 40-50 cigars in it (I don't know exactly which ones, but I do remember a couple being like $20 cigars), I was into them about 6 years ago. I haven't kept up with it, so I'm fairly certain most of them are pretty dried out. Any tips on how to revive them? I saw just do it slowly over a couple months while the humidor recharges and it should be ok. And yes, I know they won't be the same, but most people say I can probably get them back to about 80-90% of what they were. From what I have been reading the last several days (which is everything i can find) I would take them out and put them in a zip lock or Tupperware then re season your box, then slowly reintroduce your sticks because putting them back in all at once will probably tank your RH in your box. Check out the link below, it is a humidity packet, the 84% is for seasoning only. Theby have a few other RH levels. They last a couple months once you are seasoned (that obviously depends on your climate). Like I said this is what I have read across last several days, I am still new to the cigar hobby. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004NXXBLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445964407&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=boveda+seasoning&dpPl=1&dpID=41trsfFY2%2BL&ref=plSrch I saw that as well. Seems like everyone has a different opinion, just like charging a humidor. I found a local shop, going to visit it tonight for the first time and see what they say. Maybe they'll let me keep the humidor in their walk-in for a couple days. Local help is always nice even if they don't. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
bcpballer64 Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 Oh ya having local help is nice, they should definitely know what to do I would hope "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
gckless Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 So I went up there, and their humidor is pretty huge. Like 1200sq.ft.? Something like that. But they have a big selection, and they have lockers in there for people to keep tobacco in. It's really smart, first time I seen that. Costs $240 a year, and they put $20 worth of cigars in there every month. Pretty cool. I won't be doing that, but pretty cool. Anyway, I was surprised, my humidor is actually sitting in the low 60%'s. Some of the cigars are a little hard, but none are cracking and they're not too bad. Bought a Xikar HumiStore, going to toss it in there and let it be for a little while. Here's what I have, I need to take them out soon and create an Excel sheet: "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 I haven't had a good cigar in years. I need to get back into it... Such a good stress relief. I do it socially and I lost my partner in crime for that
bcpballer64 Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 So I went up there, and their humidor is pretty huge. Like 1200sq.ft.? Something like that. But they have a big selection, and they have lockers in there for people to keep tobacco in. It's really smart, first time I seen that. Costs $240 a year, and they put $20 worth of cigars in there every month. Pretty cool. I won't be doing that, but pretty cool. Anyway, I was surprised, my humidor is actually sitting in the low 60%'s. Some of the cigars are a little hard, but none are cracking and they're not too bad. Bought a Xikar HumiStore, going to toss it in there and let it be for a little while. Here's what I have, I need to take them out soon and create an Excel sheet: Nice! Looks like a nice little stock pile! "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
gckless Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 So I went up there, and their humidor is pretty huge. Like 1200sq.ft.? Something like that. But they have a big selection, and they have lockers in there for people to keep tobacco in. It's really smart, first time I seen that. Costs $240 a year, and they put $20 worth of cigars in there every month. Pretty cool. I won't be doing that, but pretty cool. Anyway, I was surprised, my humidor is actually sitting in the low 60%'s. Some of the cigars are a little hard, but none are cracking and they're not too bad. Bought a Xikar HumiStore, going to toss it in there and let it be for a little while. Here's what I have, I need to take them out soon and create an Excel sheet: Nice! Looks like a nice little stock pile! It's not too bad. I was in a monthly cigar club a while back, forgot with who though. Ya know, kinda like a wine club, they send you a sample pack every month. For those that smoke regularly, it's a good deal. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.