so... who here carries a handgun for self defense?

I carry a Springfield Armory XDM 4.5 chambered in .40s&w. A little larger than what most would prefer to carry but it doesnt bother me! I am however in the market for a Springfield XD sub compact chambered in either .40s&w or .357sig, or a Springfield XDM 3.8 compact chambered in .45acp or .40s&w.

2012-02-07134748.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

i like the m&p line my father in law loves the xd line though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

kygunco.com had some m&p .357sig with night sights, 3 mags, and an extra .40 s&w barrell for $419! They were unused police trade ins... I was really wanting to buy one but they are gone now. I think they still have some of the fulls though.

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I carry a either my Hi Point 9mm (10rnd clip in, 8rnd clip in holster with 1rnd in the chamber or Charter Arms Patriot .327 Magnum locked and loaded.

Since when to pistols have clips?

If I am ever in a gun fight I pray that whoever is shooting at me has a high point pistol.

No way I will ever trust my life to a gun that I can buy for the same price as the sights on my glock.

Clip, magazine or whatever you call it is your preference. If you "pray that whoever is shooting at me has a high point pistol" instead of being concerned with the skill and accuracy of the person with any weapon then that is just plain stupid to me. I've had my Hi Point for 2 years and fired thousands of rounds with it and have had no problems. I believe that if you take care of your stuff it in turn will take care of you. If a gun (regardless of price) is capable of firing a round out of it then to me it is a dangerous weapon and capable of injuring and killing.

The dirtiest of all "DuDurty"

Arguably im sure most of us here agree the fact you trust your life to a cheap ass gun is stupid...But hey if you only value your life that much i guess that is your prerogative

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Arguably im sure most of us here agree the fact you trust your life to a cheap ass gun is stupid...But hey if you only value your life that much i guess that is your prerogative

So it's all about how much a gun costs and not about how skilled and accurate a person is? Really? I thought the thread was about who carries a handgun for defense and not about how much it is. If it was about how much your gun is then the the title needs changing. The Hi Point and .327 mag are not my only guns that I carry those are just the 2 I am going to tell anyone about just as I'm sure it's the same with everyone else on here. I'm not the only person on here that has a "cheap ass gun" if you would care to look. I don't boast about what I have nor how much it cost me and I could care less about how much anyone else's property cost them bro.

The dirtiest of all "DuDurty"

So it's all about how much a gun costs and not about how skilled and accurate a person is? Really? I thought the thread was about who carries a handgun for defense and not about how much it is. If it was about how much your gun is then the the title needs changing. The Hi Point and .327 mag are not my only guns that I carry those are just the 2 I am going to tell anyone about just as I'm sure it's the same with everyone else on here. I'm not the only person on here that has a "cheap ass gun" if you would care to look. I don't boast about what I have nor how much it cost me and I could care less about how much anyone else's property cost them bro.

When it comes to a well made firearm, price does reflect quality at some point. I dont care how good a shot you are, you are only as good as the gun in your hand. Im not going to trust my life to a cheap piece of shit gun. I will trust my life to a weapon with a great reputation for being accurate and and reliable. The Highpoint pistols do not fit either of these criteria. If I own a gun, at some point I may have to use it to defend my life and I will not own something that is a cheap piece of shit even if I do have other weapons.

My buddy just bought a highpoint 40 for 125$ or something like that from one of his friends.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/images/40SW_polymer.jpg

Pretty sure thats the exact one, I held it in my hand and the thing is so bulky, the magazine is so cheap feeling. I couldnt even tell that it was fully in, the slide is just strapy up janked. I would be affraid to shoot the thing personally.

It serioiously felt like it was going to fall apart.

That was my first hipoint experience.....

Archived