Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers versus cold temperatures

carshateme

let it warm up first. i give mine atleast 10 min or more depending on how cold it is. i say anything under 40 and you should let them warm up

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ah okay, maybe one of my subs became disconnected in the box and I have to reconnect them...have 4 of em at 3 ohms...been wanting to put them at 1.5 ohms.

Can I ask what subs you have?

X2

Audiobahn alum10n

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I have also noticed a difference in mine as the temps get colder. I have been letting it run 15 to 20 mins before I turn it up much. :pardon:

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Ah okay, maybe one of my subs became disconnected in the box and I have to reconnect them...have 4 of em at 3 ohms...been wanting to put them at 1.5 ohms.

Can I ask what subs you have?

X2

Audiobahn alum10n

Okay, and you have 4 of them? So what coils do they have? Are they dual vc or single?

Sorry, just trying to understand how you have 4 subs wired to 3 ohms?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

For my system I get in my vehicle and let the subs have it all and they take it like a champ. I actually am louder in the winter 162+ with a good charge but it drops down a bit as the air warms. Mids and highs sound better warm though. But for safeties sake just let the amps/system run for about ten minutes you should be fine

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

The subs slightly stiffer in cold weather. I have the same problem. And like Chris said the air is more dence. On some subs if your not careful it could bust a glue joint or tear the spider just ease in to it till they get warm like every one is saying. But if it don't make a difference after they warm up. It might be somthing eles. You could have a weak cell in your battery. This time of year is when it will show up. Check your volts and connection's. Hell check everything.

The subs slightly stiffer in cold weather. I have the same problem. And like Chris said the air is more dence. On some subs if your not careful it could bust a glue joint or tear the spider just ease in to it till they get warm like every one is saying. But if it don't make a difference after they warm up. It might be somthing eles. You could have a weak cell in your battery. This time of year is when it will show up. Check your volts and connection's. Hell check everything.

@ Purplehaze, Yes I know it's 3 ohms...and .75ohms and 12 ohms, I miss typed.

Battery is brand new, but I'll check it out...if it is...I'm going to raise hell with XS power.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived