Second Skin Audio

Obsidian 18

stroupe79

Yeah brz1700...just want to get the most outta my amp and whatever sub I end up going with...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

lol ihad my oa15 on 600w rms and i was slammin some lows one day and realized it was gettin a bit smelly so ilooked back and smoke was comin out of the port, sure as shit ismoked it. let it sit for about a week and hooked it back up and it ran for like another month before i sold it. but i plan on running OA again gonna do 12's though

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

lol ihad my oa15 on 600w rms and i was slammin some lows one day and realized it was gettin a bit smelly so ilooked back and smoke was comin out of the port, sure as shit ismoked it. let it sit for about a week and hooked it back up and it ran for like another month before i sold it. but i plan on running OA again gonna do 12's though

You sure you weren't clipping?

• 2 months later...

Did someone clip there sub to hard? Haha ;P turned up to loud, or gains not set prop? It's a question btw.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

• 1 year later...

Nooooooooo I blew my Obsidian 18 on a JLAudio JX1000 playing Jeezy Christina Aguilera. Mind you that song does have obnoxious bass. I did not have full power to the sub. Sub blew 30 seconds intot the song. Smelled coils and seized instantly. I wouldn't put more than 600-700 watts on them. They cannot take over 1000 watts. Hell they cant even take a 1000watts looking at a psi recone!

Future System:

1997 vw Passat

Old School Alpine Head Unit

Sound Stream Pro Series Tweeters

Sound Stream Pro Series 6.5

Cadence 6x9 mid bass drivers

lpg 25nfs tweeters

Audio Control EQS

Diamond Audio Cache'

Imagine Dynamic Q Series 450 x4 amp

3 Image Dynamics Q1200.1 amps

6 Re Audio SEX 15s walled