Second Skin Audio

How to get the most flex?

des343

terminology is what lost us. Flex is what a vehicle does, excursion is what a sub does. They are NOT interchangeable.

Tune to 50Hz and play stuff at 25Hz, you'll have plenty of excursion...until the subs bottom out and blow LOL

Throw RMS at the subs and put them in an enclosure on the big side of recommended specs, that should push them to full excursion, especially on lower notes.

Thank you for actually answering..so your saying tune the box to 50hz should i do that with a sealed or ported for best performance? and are you saying that trying to do this will blow them? i mean if i set my gains correctly i should be alright i figured..

but what do you mean play stuff at 25hz like the song itself or a setting on the amp?

And yeah sorry i figured it would b the same?? But yeah my bad on that

oh boy.... where to begin... well 1st off, you cant tune a sealed box. he was joking about tuning to 50hz. just look up what the manufacturer recommends for box sizes and tuning and build that. how do you set your gains? im betting, by what you have said so far, that you dont tune correctly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

terminology is what lost us. Flex is what a vehicle does, excursion is what a sub does. They are NOT interchangeable.

Tune to 50Hz and play stuff at 25Hz, you'll have plenty of excursion...until the subs bottom out and blow LOL

Throw RMS at the subs and put them in an enclosure on the big side of recommended specs, that should push them to full excursion, especially on lower notes.

Thank you for actually answering..so your saying tune the box to 50hz should i do that with a sealed or ported for best performance? and are you saying that trying to do this will blow them? i mean if i set my gains correctly i should be alright i figured..

but what do you mean play stuff at 25hz like the song itself or a setting on the amp?

oh boy.... where to begin... well 1st off, you cant tune a sealed box. he was joking about tuning to 50hz. just look up what the manufacturer recommends for box sizes and tuning and build that. how do you set your gains? im betting, by what you have said so far, that you dont tune correctly.

i turn my sterio to max for listening and set my amp to where it sounds the best to me try many songs and different freaquencys i start with all settings on lowest and work my way up to right before distortion

and i thought depending on the size of the sealed box and the air space it determines the frequency?

How many threads are you going to open about this subwoofer?

You say you don't know the specs on the sub, but here you give them out...and you posted this on the 15th:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/131197-audiobahn-aw1005q/

Yous subs are Dual 2-Ohm

And to answer your question, this is what T/S is:

T/S

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

i turn my sterio to max for listening and set my amp to where it sounds the best to me try many songs and different freaquencys i start with all settings on lowest and work my way up to right before distortion

and i thought depending on the size of the sealed box and the air space it determines the frequency?

nope.

and you think you can hear the distortion? honestly, i knew thats how you were tuning your amp because ive heard it so many times before from folks of your experience. its an extremely bad way to tune. the easiest/cheapest way would be to buy a DMM and learn how to tune the amp with that. everyone will say use a DD-1 or an oscope, and those work great, but a dmm will work just fine.

How many threads are you going to open about this subwoofer?

You say you don't know the specs on the sub, but here you give them out...and you posted this on the 15th:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/131197-audiobahn-aw1005q/

Yous subs are Dual 2-Ohm

And to answer your question, this is what T/S is:

T/S

how does knowing its a 2ohm DVC sub help in any way with the size and tuning of the box he should build? if your going to be an ass, at least be smart.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well how would i go about figuring the best box for them there isnt mch online about

Sure there is...but honestly your best bet would be to pay a QUALIFIED designer, don't cheap out. Make sure you know what you really want out of your system, and have realistic goals. If the designer doesn't ask about listening goals, vehicle, etc or if he asks what type of enclosure you want, bracing, etc(it is the designers job to come up with that), then keep looking.

Because obviously it wasn't getting ANY hits and was in the wrong place so I made another one since I found the correct place with much more success I've been researching and trying to find stuff about these subs and the box forever and not getting anywhere so ya I made another post...glad I did

And ya well I can't afford the money on most equipment like thay how much does a dmm cost....and well.of course most people don't own tools such as those example no one I know...just saying its not due to me not wanting to but lack of availability on stuff or help or good advice even

Archived