Second Skin Audio

How to get the most flex?

des343

ive looked all over google for this and cant find much of anything.

basically i have a couple of ultra exscursion subs and am looking to get the most out of the exscursion and build a box for them what kind of box would i use for that "flex" but allow it to handle good amount of power.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the subs are Audiobahn AW1005Q Ultra Excursion they are 900 RMS each (tens) and i have theme wired to an AudioPipe 3000d amp at 2 ohms bridged and in a 1998 exploder sport

they love low notes and dig deep but i feel i can get much more out of them and i dont feel i am getting as much out of the flex as i could either before i am putting too much power into them atm in the current enclosure

Why would you EVER WANT flex?

huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?

^^ Uh...no. But can I use your quote as my sig? :rofl:

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Why would you EVER WANT flex?

huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?

^^ Uh...no. But can I use your quote as my sig? :rofl:

IDC if you can explain how more excursion doesnt mean more air being pushed? then id like to know why its such a big deal to have an 18 that well pushes more air solely because of cone size...the air being pushed is the diffence so take the W7 for example its ALL about FLEX "exscursion" thats the WHOLE reason they get soo loud its their special quality?

terminology is what lost us. Flex is what a vehicle does, excursion is what a sub does. They are NOT interchangeable.

Tune to 50Hz and play stuff at 25Hz, you'll have plenty of excursion...until the subs bottom out and blow LOL

Throw RMS at the subs and put them in an enclosure on the big side of recommended specs, that should push them to full excursion, especially on lower notes.

Archived