Second Skin Audio

How to get the most flex?

des343

Because obviously it wasn't getting ANY hits and was in the wrong place so I made another one since I found the correct place with much more success I've been researching and trying to find stuff about these subs and the box forever and not getting anywhere so ya I made another post...glad I did

And ya well I can't afford the money on most equipment like thay how much does a dmm cost....and well.of course most people don't own tools such as those example no one I know...just saying its not due to me not wanting to but lack of availability on stuff or help or good advice even

At this moment I wouldn't know how you could use the multimeter but here is one for $4.19 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LCD-Digital-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Ohm-Multimeter-DT830B-Overload-Protection-Top-/280794351037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160a5c5bd

If you really want to get somewhere on designing a proper box you will need the thiele-small parameters of those subwoofers.

I just dontbknow where to get the box specs for these subs at all....

And thanks but I have a multimeter

I found the parameters for those drivers so to see what you are missing let me know the exact dimensions of the box you are running them that includes the port dimensions and what is your complaint, you want them to be louder?, lower? or what.

If you want the most out of those subs, you need to build a VERY efficient box for them. Whether it be a 4th/6th order, t-line, folded horn, etc.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

terminology is what lost us. Flex is what a vehicle does, excursion is what a sub does. They are NOT interchangeable.

Tune to 50Hz and play stuff at 25Hz, you'll have plenty of excursion...until the subs bottom out and blow LOL

Throw RMS at the subs and put them in an enclosure on the big side of recommended specs, that should push them to full excursion, especially on lower notes.

Thank you for actually answering..so your saying tune the box to 50hz should i do that with a sealed or ported for best performance? and are you saying that trying to do this will blow them? i mean if i set my gains correctly i should be alright i figured..

but what do you mean play stuff at 25hz like the song itself or a setting on the amp?

this made me lol

And yeah sorry i figured it would b the same?? But yeah my bad on that

probably the easiest thing to do right now, on top of what was already mentioned (set your gains right!) would be to build a new, properly tuned enclosure for the subs. send me a pm and i can help you come up with a good design.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Unbolt every panel for flex and all stock supports for roof and all that cut them off also fill every hole with lose screws and a few rocks for that extra rattle effect,

Why would u want flex idgi

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

probably the easiest thing to do right now, on top of what was already mentioned (set your gains right!) would be to build a new, properly tuned enclosure for the subs. send me a pm and i can help you come up with a good design.

yep thats exactly what i want to do i just want to get as much info for that as possible and for these subs i know the enclosure itself is the most important part of a sub and making it live up to its potential...im impressed and love my tens would just love to help them reach the potential and see what they can do.

and people were saying a DMM can help me tune my subs? i have a multi-meter how would i use it to tune for distortion (this is a cheap one though like 10 dollars i got from harbor friend has a BUNCH of settings on it i dont know what most of them even do but do you think this DMM can do the job?)

And okay PM sent! :) THANK YOU

Unbolt every panel for flex and all stock supports for roof and all that cut them off also fill every hole with lose screws and a few rocks for that extra rattle effect,

Why would u want flex idgi

lol funny stuff :clapping:

Archived