For you geeks out there..lol

A nice little loop of the solar flare from last night. Geomagnetic storm to be here tomorrow morning, which means some nice aurora/ northern lights. Enjoy if you live north and heck if it is strong enough, maybe even mid US. You'll see the image with a bunch of spots/ static looking. That is the radiation hit the satellite.

current_c3.gif

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I hope so.

I have heard before that a massive solar flare back in the wild west days hit telegraph wires so bad it actually caught the poles on fire. I don't know if that is true or not but imagine what that would do to all our fancy electronics we have now. =@

Send us back to the stoneage for a few weeks, maybe months. Welcome Taliban and Al Qaeda... <_<

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Doesn't get better than Alaska for the Northern Lights ;)

Take some vids and pictures for your southern SMD brothers.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Doesn't get better than Alaska for the Northern Lights ;)

Take some vids and pictures for your southern SMD brothers.

For reals!!

It's suppose to be a G3 level. Basically it affects:

G 3

Strong

Power systems: voltage corrections may be required, false alarms triggered on some protection devices.

Spacecraft operations: surface charging may occur on satellite components, drag may increase on low-Earth-orbit satellites, and corrections may be needed for orientation problems.

Other systems: intermittent satellite navigation and low-frequency radio navigation problems may occur, HF radio may be intermittent, and aurora has been seen as low as Illinois and Oregon (typically 50° geomagnetic lat.)**.

found here if interested:

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/NOAAscales/

Being I work with Polar satellites, it is of some concern on the drag and the electronics of some of our older birds (satellites). I doubt it will be real bad, but looking at that scale, it shows the damage these geomagnetic storms can do. Stone age...about right and without a quick recovery. You'd have to launch a new bird in some/ most cases.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown