Second Skin Audio

Is This Wood Good?

1. I used this same exact stuff for my last box, I'll let you ask anyone who has seen the box in person if it's strong or not.

2. To say that any little voids is going to make this wood really weak is complete bullshit!

Edited by 01 S-10

TDH FTW !!!

I have used that same plywood from homedepot on three of my previous boxes and its not that bad!! All my boxes have came out Extremely strong and rigid. They were also very musical and loud as hell. This stuff just sucks to sand. I would like to see two of the exact same boxes one made of this birch and mdf to see if random people could tell the difference. That would be the true test. I will also agree that the real birch is better then either mdf or fake birch plywood but the ply is cheap and light.

Edited by BITTD

If it is at least C3 grade, it is good enough for a box.

Let's face it, it's wood, real wood, cross plied, multi layered, .75" thick, at least 48" x 96", and is interior grade. Sounds like you can make a box out of it to me. Money well spent in my opinion.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

if he's using anything but inch and a half mdf or even .75 mdf,he probably doesnt have anything that will be able to make a noticeable difference with or without.SO (IMO) its not that big a deal.If you get into a serious build later on you will learn what works best or what you need to make it leet(IMO)

R.I.P...99'Dodge Grand Caravan

03 Lancer Oz

Big 3

HU-JVC KD-530

RCA's-rockerfosgate

41/2 inch Infinity mids

Subs-(12's)2 Orion xtr124

Amp-Coustic600se

battery-2 x stock, 1x Shuriken SK-BT20

Box-L-ported 3.562cubes@35Hz

miscellaneous-stinger volt-meter, gain nob, (coming soon bass pro,eq,line drive)

I dont have flex yet but damn I sound good,(coming soon....flex)

Check out my HHR install

Everything I install or build here:http://s1160.photobu...s/q485/MrBfree/

Also video's of my Car with the new box.http://www.youtube.c...lentGyge/videos

Idk about the grade, i just know that its AC 7 ply plywood, 3/4 inch, we made sure to find the best piece without any imperfections, this wood didnt look or feel too different than the 45 dollar birch ply so i went with it. I hope it works good.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Umm is the mdf splitting at the ends? if so...you are suppose to use a nail gun for the edges...(IMO) I also use mdf screws, where I can get at menards, or fine thread drywall screws...bought at home depot.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Thanks man i figured id be fine especially since im gonna resin the inside all the way, my dad has worked with lots of different types of woods for making house cabinets to making two extra rooms in our shop and building boxes, he wouldnt tell me to buy something that was complete shit, and for 28 dollars you cant really go wrong.

Edited by TRTC360

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360