Bose disappoints me

hey, not all of Bose is bad. I have some 201 bookshelf speakers I paid $30 for that I really like!

I'll just throw this out there: I think their demos are rigged.

I have a pair of the companions 2s. Heard it in the store as a demo some time later: sounded NOTHING like how they actually do.

hey, not all of Bose is bad. I have some 201 bookshelf speakers I paid $30 for that I really like!

I have a pair of the companions 2s. Heard it in the store as a demo some time later: sounded NOTHING like how they actually do.

They are "rigged". They are especially set up to sound the best, and there are no other brand speakers around it so you can't compare it directly.

Bose is better then the combo's from samung or LG you buy for 200-300 dollar, but if you actually buy something decent for 600 dollars it just blows the bose away.

My dad used to have bose after owning other brands like sansui, the bose speakers got blown twice by sending RMS power to it or even less. I know how he listens to music, he likes it loud but not too loud. So im pretty sure it isn't owner's fault. And also because he has never blown a speaker in his life, except the bose ones.

Read this link

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

When i was working at Sears (about 14 years ago) there was a label misprint and the Bose 201 speakers were labeled as $30 and rang up that way. i couldn't do anything about it since it was advertised that way. So i sold him a pair for $30.

So i promptly bought myself a pair at another Sears :)

They are not the greatest sounding speakers i have ever heard, but they are the greatest sounding $30 pair of speakers i have ever heard! now to just get a decent receiver, the Kenwood that was given to me is a P.O.S.

As far as rigged, probably some are. i know the one we had in our store wasn't because i hooked it up.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have a 2.1 Bose system for 8 years now, and I bought it used locally. They are the Acoustimass 5 I think so. I run them on a huuge Marantz 2 x 70 amplifier.

Not the best SQ I've ever heared but they are decent for the price I paid them.

They are very small, the bass box is easy to hide.

And in my country it is difficult to find better for the same $.

I think my next system will be a Dayton one (with a 3way speaker box and a powered sub like the mk III or II) form parts-express.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

we have some early 90s bose tower speakers and i think they sound great, although i know my dad paid waay too much for them because he won't even let me touch them lol! I think the older stuff is pretty good, but the new stuff is made of horse $hit. If i were to buy a home theater system, i would NEVER get bose.

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

I have a friend that has one of those damn Bose lifestyle "5.1" systems that he brags on and on about, I brought just my Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Air to his house and he was blown away by how much better it sounded than his Bose. Bowers & Wilkins all day every day.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

my friend has some B&W's in his room from the 70s with some Bang and Olufsen speakers from the 60s and they sound fantastic. he loves old style speakers like that and is running it off of tube amps for that crisp sound. long story short, go b&w!

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Yes Bose is way over hyped. At my local frys, once they had a $400 Bose center channel in the same room as a couple other brands. Compared it to a Polk audio center that only cost $150. It was like comparing crappy built in tv speakers to a full blown audiophile system. The Bose speaker just plain sucked!

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Archived