Found a new tv!!! Went with the Vizio 42"led.

Looking to get a new 42" tv soon. Looking at a vizio led with wifi so far. Seems like the best bang for our buck (about 650.00). But if you know of any others just as good in that price range lmk. I do NOT want a smart tv I have a computer lol and just want wifi. Not opposed to lcd but would prefer led. So like the title says if you got one tell me what you think about it and pros/cons!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I've got an older LG that I have been very happy with. Picture looks the same as when I got it two years ago, TV burning at least 6 or 8 hours a day. Mine has since been discontinued, but I would recommend the brand.

Little bit over but free shipping. When they shipped mine, they had a commercial freight liner drop it off. Something like dayton freight IIRC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889005209

Just a couple others to look at too, you know, throwing some wrenches in the gears :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262102

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889262143

Not sure of the price range, but being a cable guy for 16 years ... The least amount of problems I've found in TVs would be the Sonys and the Sharps ...

Not saying theres anything wrong with other brands ... but, some service calls I've ran on have been tv related problems ... Never a Sony or Sharp ...

then again, just my opinion here based on what I do everyday as a cable guy ... Now that I'm a Lineman, I haven't heard any different from the service techs in the last 5 years or so ... These newer brands may have greatly improved since I've moved out into the lineman field ...

Best of luck on your search ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My family has always had good luck with Vizio's. My dads house has 3 of them, and I have two in me and my moms house. Great picture! I have a plasma screen in my room and it is even clearer than all of my friends TVs. The oldest Vizio we have is 5 years old and it is still pushing strong, been used every day for at least 3 hours a day since we bought it, some 12-15 hour days too. Its an LCD, can't wait to see what the LED will do when I buy one. I was actually looking into the Vizio 42" LED TV too, lmao. For the price, I say its the best choice. Haven't had one go out yet, and my family has 5 of them lmao. 1 is 5 years old, another is 4, My bedroom one is 3 years old, and the other two are almost a year old. I like them. Looks better than the Sony one my brother used to have, lmao. Then he threw $1600 on a Thin 55" Samsung LED 3D TV. lmao.

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

Thanx for all the replies! Still thinking the vizio is the way to go! Anyone else?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Samsung all the way. Best repair plans, all parts available. cant say the same about sony. I have loved them in the past but if something goes on the newer ones they gennerally say sorry not worth fixing... parts arnt available for them. i have had my 32 samsung for 3-4 years now not one issue.( lots of other tvs have samsung parts in them)

2009 Hyundai Accent GL

Alpine CDA 9884

Rockford Fosgate Wire

Rockford Fosgate 501bd

Soundstream 12 Reference

Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6410

Rockford Fosgate T1652

Rockford Fosgate T152

XBL: NW Livin Loud

I have a LG 55" led, just over a year old and I still love it. I don't know the model number but it was the 120hz.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

Honestly I got a 46" RCA 1080p 60hz from Wal Mart on a bundle with an RCA 5.1 surround sound, wall mount, Monster HDMI cable, 2 year warranty, etc for under $680 shipped. For the money it's an EXCELLENT TV. Actually as good of a picture as my 46" 1080p 120hz LG I have upstairs, and my 42" Vizio I have in my spare bedroom.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I Have a Toshiba Regza XV648 (46" LED), looks beutiful on everything and works great with my PC :)

Just so you know, LED TV's are LCD, just with a better backlighting system. Also careful not to get caught up in the 120hz hype. If the TV does not have HDMI 1.4, HDMI Type B or D, Displayport, or Dual-link DVI capabilities then it cannot physically support true 120hz or True 60hz 3D content at full HD (1920x1080). Granted thats not a big problem if you're not connected to a PC, but in the future things may change.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived