Sonic Electronix

What's wrong with my system?

is it just me or do those wires look to be a little small? you said you got your bat from wallmart? did you get wires there too? if i looked up right that amp puts out about 1000rms 5000 max rating. if they are wallmart wires that could be your problem also. my friends wall mart wires burned thorugh insulation. he actually has same car as you. for 1000rms on that car i would also say to look at big 3 to help with your charging system problems. and dont take shortcuts. wire everyting up indivicually or using distribution block.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

its low voltage i seen it a 1000 times it does just as you say . do the big3 and put 1 or two batts in the trunk .(one really good one or two cheep ones)

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

am i the only one that noticed he said his head unit cuts off to then turn back on. its all electrical. if the hu turns off it shuts everything else down since the amps remote wire is connected to it. the proplem has gotta be 1. the deck not getting a good power source or ground 2. crossed wires messing with the deck he did mention it happens more with the headlights on. 3. all of the above and the proplem will only get worse. or 4. bad head unit.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yes it is my head unit that shuts everything off when played at a high volume an bass is hitting. An no my wire is actually pretty chunky just looks small. I use to have 8 awg wire but it kept corroding an melting so I whent in to a local stereo shop (pacific stereo in Fremont California) an asked for about 17 feet of 4awg wire an enough wire of 4awg for the ground an also bought a bigger fuse box an a 100 amp ANL fuse. So it's a bad ground on the head unit? Because I noticed an orange wire from the head unit is hooked up to a fuse That goes to another wire? The head unit was already installed when I bought the car 4 months ago. Would a capacitor help? A friend of mine told me that would solve my problem he said because my speakers an subs are too much for that car.

am i the only one that noticed he said his head unit cuts off to then turn back on. its all electrical. if the hu turns off it shuts everything else down since the amps remote wire is connected to it. the proplem has gotta be 1. the deck not getting a good power source or ground 2. crossed wires messing with the deck he did mention it happens more with the headlights on. 3. all of the above and the proplem will only get worse. or 4. bad head unit.

lol, no. you are not the only one. its obviously low voltage but the fact that the car's lights are dimming as well rules out a connection at the HU as the main problem.

he did just change the battery. maybe its the connection at the battery. take pics.

how are your terminals attatched? did you solder them or crimp? if crimp, what method did you use?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yes every single light in my car dims including the lights on my head unit, lights on my dash, and head lights. An it seems to shut off even more with the head lights on at night. But it will shut off if I'm playing it loud with head lights off also. An yes I did crimp the wire down untill it's nice an tight an just wrapped electrical tape around it. An I will be posting pics soon

Yes every single light in my car dims including the lights on my head unit, lights on my dash, and head lights. An it seems to shut off even more with the head lights on at night. But it will shut off if I'm playing it loud with head lights off also. An yes I did crimp the wire down untill it's nice an tight an just wrapped electrical tape around it. An I will be posting pics soon

revise your electrical, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link

468x60drc.jpg

Definatly the electricalsystem to weak. I took a look at the http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boss-PH5000D-5000W-Class-D-Monoblock-Phantom-Power-Car-Amplifier-Amp-/300653432311?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4600574df7 Boss Amp, he have 4 40 amp fuses and the spec´s say´s 1800 watt RMS, thats match with the

fuses and RMS rate of the Amp. If im right a CRX have a tiny alt under 90 amp´s.

Conclusion your system cry :morepower1: !

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived