DC Sound Lab

Dead Unicorn Pics

I kinda felt like this was gonna happen after you posted that video.

Curious why you felt that way?

Just the excursion you showed, I felt was a little to much.

Just my opinion.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Its a 7500 watt amp on a single 12 getting ground pounded with a cone and surround built for 8 inch spiders not 10 and DC still got hated on for it. wow . It probly folded the cone. The surround on that sub was not designed for as much travel as those spiders will allow. Its not a production sub it was a custom request to build it. I dont see how this is a negative reflection on the company.

then dont build it, seems pretty easy to me, if it doesnt work then dont sell/build it for someone to destroy/flame your company

Bad or good sub doesnt matter imo, i think i looked at it for 10 seconds max when it was at the shop. This really isnt an issue to bring up with DC as far as shoddy quality. If anything it should be why build something you know doesnt work? Looking at how much business your company gets, its clearly not because you need the business. Sometimes its worth more to tell a customer that wants something that doesnt work, just that "it wont work". If they still want it have them go elsewhere.

Again, doesnt matter who made the cone its the matter of making the cone and selling it knowing full well that it doesnt work.

and i already know...the tinsels NEVER had issues either.

Its a 7500 watt amp on a single 12 getting ground pounded with a cone and surround built for 8 inch spiders not 10 and DC still got hated on for it. wow . It probly folded the cone. The surround on that sub was not designed for as much travel as those spiders will allow. Its not a production sub it was a custom request to build it. I dont see how this is a negative reflection on the company.

then dont build it, seems pretty easy to me, if it doesnt work then dont sell/build it for someone to destroy/flame your company

Bad or good sub doesnt matter imo, i think i looked at it for 10 seconds max when it was at the shop. This really isnt an issue to bring up with DC as far as shoddy quality. If anything it should be why build something you know doesnt work? Looking at how much business your company gets, its clearly not because you need the business. Sometimes its worth more to tell a customer that wants something that doesnt work, just that "it wont work". If they still want it have them go elsewhere.

Again, doesnt matter who made the cone its the matter of making the cone and selling it knowing full well that it doesnt work.

I have been running this same sub only longer WITH NO ISSUES....Its not an issue of the sub failing more so why. When a sub is damaged why do people always point fingers to the company and now the overall system design. Larger power systems can go south fast with a small error. Not something 95% of people see because there not running something on that level.

Its not a matter of the sub "not working" your just not going to be able to put a 7500 watt amplifier on that driver and everything be OK

Edited by WCA Rusty

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

ok what sub do you know that can handle 7500 watts (underrated as hell at 7500) of daily ground pounding at hz like were in the video? idk if you seen it but if you havent check out his youtube

thats like me taking my XLs putting 9k to them and bashing dc when they rip a surround, fold a cone or throw a dust cap....when people abuse subs they break!

its not that the sub didnt work its that it was over powered to the point of failure...a perfect sub can do that when you throw lowwww notes at it on double rms

on another subject you obviously do not know how business works...when someone wants to pay you to build something custom that sets your company apart from any other company you do it...its called getting paid for R and D....the are few companies in the world that get paid to research...things like this are what makes DC successful and different from other brands that just product what they product and call it fine and dandy.

this is where innovation in the industry comes from...i dont get it....maybe you should think before you talk...

Edited by skyhighcaraudio

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

when i break my subs it my fault corona couldnt have said it better high power applications can go south real fast, its like going 150 its just not that fast a lot of cars can do it!

going 200 thats a feat which takes a real car

maybe we should start a chant

Rusty Rusty Rusty Rusty

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

You all need to stop "blaming" Rusty. He did warn me that the surround may be the first thing to fail. It did not, the cone did. I have only pushed the sub hard a couple times, and when it actually failed, it was not an all out run. WE are handling it.

This was only meant to show the blown sub. I am not blaming anybody. You all have your opinions, but no need to bash on other members of the forum.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread