Sonic Electronix

is there a device that i can buy that will messure the db's in my car? like can i go to walmart and but one(jk) or where can i find a reliably cheap one,if there is one?

To Slide Sideways Or Not To Slide Sideways?

Head unit: Pioneer AVH-5000DVDSpeakers: 4 Pionner TS-G6842R Amplifier: Alpine MRD-300Subwoofers: 10" JL

Reliable and cheap do not go hand in hand with this.

Your going to want a Termlab if you want somethign comparable to whats used in most of the organizations.

www.termpro.com = termlab

If you want something else that measures Sound pressure levels, theres also an Audiocontrol unit that can be had at thier website. 

Both metes arent cheap so i wouldnt reccomend them for anyone whos just a daily driver who like music, call around some of your local audio shops and see if they have a meter you can rent some time on, hell some will let you for free just to see what you have.

or you can get the useless "boom stick" from walmart, which isnt worth a crap and only goes up to xxx amount on the levels, and if you use a boom stick and tell someone thats what you are useing , prepare yourself for a hell of a bashin lol

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

hey i can meter you, let me know when your ready. ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Yeah there's a few cheaper meters out there. One I had used was  splmeter.com db2 I think it is. Works up to 150 db. It measures higher then a termlab 6-8 db. It is pretty consistent The best way to get the correct number is the Termlab. It's a hell of a tool when you go to a competiton and u know your tone and where u will be.

Yeah there's a few cheaper meters out there. One I had used was  splmeter.com db2 I think it is. Works up to 150 db. It measures higher then a termlab 6-8 db. It is pretty consistent The best way to get the correct number is the Termlab. It's a hell of a tool when you go to a competiton and u know your tone and where u will be.

That thing is a piece of shit then...8dbs higher than a TL...so if im hitting let's say a 143on the TL that meter might not even be able to tell me how much im hitting on its own :V

The AC atleast goes up to 170db.

That thing is a piece of shit then...8dbs higher than a TL...so if im hitting let's say a 143on the TL that meter might not even be able to tell me how much im hitting on its own :V

The AC atleast goes up to 170db.

The thing about the db2 is that you can adjuist the sensitivity of it. I have one that was calibrated by international iasca judge(wayne allan) and it reads 1-2 db's higher than the new t/l

then im rambo bitch

Ok, so if mine was tested on the newest AC meter with nothing else done to it, no mods at all, and it read 141.7 bd...with the mic hanging from the rearview mirror. What do you think the termlab would read??? The 141.7 was done on the day the sub was installed, now it's had two weeks for that oh-so-important break in period. Just wanting to know before I get it done. I have a single cab Silverado if that helps in determining anything such as meter placement and sound quality.

If this thread sounds like I'm not making any sense...it's cause I took my meds new meds for the first time and I'm pretty doped up right now. LoL.....soma, neurontin, and tramadol are pretty good. Now before you think I'm just some drug addict.....I was in a pretty bad head on wreck last year and have nerve damage in my back and right hip (50 mph with seatbelt on and no airbag deployment)...so I need these meds for severe pain relief....Just wanted to get that out there before someone bashes me for taking those meds.

Anyways, I can't wait to see your truck man....It'll prolly help my back out some too with all the vibrations...LoL.

When will it be done?