55 posts in this topic

I wouldnt even be apart of that group, once they said they are better than a oscilloscope, time to go...

btw, not alot of people can do 56-58s under the windowline in the cargo area and still seat 5....

power or not, its not something thats super easy to do, so if they want to bash, tell them to put up their TL numbers or STFU

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

I can tune amps without clipping. It's easy. Just turn that shit to 0 and you're done. No DD-1 required. Thing's a waste of money anyway. :lol:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

edit: I just realized that was quote worthy. Feel free to use. LOL (is it ok to quote myself in my sig?) :D

Edited by meade916

Thanx to all of you for checking out my topic especially Steve Meade. I told them to use either a o scope or dd-1 but they are stuborn.

1 person likes this

I tried tuning amp by ear or with dmm, but it was much different from O-scope.

Is it possible to add more options to DD-1? :) like build in dmm, clamp meter, ect.

the DD-1 doesnt have any add on options, sorry. It does what it does and it does it well. I wish my car could make me breakfast but it doesnt. It sure does drive nice though.

1 person likes this

:rofl: I just read all the comments and it gave me one hell of a laugh I think HaterGonnaHate says it best...Haters Gonna Hate plain and simple.

ANY and I repeat any reputable Car Audio shop owns an O-Scope no way in hell you can tune any system without it. As an installer there are shortcuts we have all followed when tuning by ear but at the end of the day I have seen a DD-1 work first hand on small and large systems not to mention people who thought they were tuned accurately and were surprised when the DD-1 made them louder and cleaner. I don't see how any of those shops he mentioned if reputable said an O-Scope is unnecessary its total bs. Plus the numbers they claimed to have don't mean nothing if they have no proof. I wanna see those numbers on the dash and show me some of these big systems you guys own.

Edited by IBleedMusick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ObTechAudio
      Many of you have seen the sweet build our Russian brothers just completed with (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs in their clean red Escalade. Well, we too cracked open some vodka and decided it's time to bring some monster subs over to the USA and build a cool ass rig.
      So, without further adieu, we introduce you to the Alpha X -- a sweet ass, chipped paint 6.0L Chevy Suburban packed with:
      (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs (48) banks of 2.7 / 3000F Maxwell caps (48kw) of new Deaf Bonce Brazilian board amps (3) 390a US Alternators alts (1) independent 250a US Alternators alt Plenty of Deaf Bonce mids and highs with complimentary 4-channels Tons of SMD and SHCA goodies We're finally to a point with the AlphaBlazer to where we can hold off fixing its issues and start working on this one-of-a-kind build. We'd specify some goal or some achievements that we'd like for it to hit and surpass, but Kyle and Kenny (the red burb butt holes) wouldn't stop giving us hell for the AlphaBlazer's post, so screw it this time around. We just want the damn thing to play and turn some heads. Think we can do that. Tune in - this should be fun!

• By meade916
      a good friend of mine called me up yesterday and said he had 2 Soundstream MC500's for sale and would hook me up proper.  Of course i said yes and to bring them by.  Back in 1989, i JUST graduated High School, my parents moved away and i didn't have but a wooden nickel to my name.  I couldn't even come close to something of this caliber at that time. Anyway, when he told me he really needed the money i figured it was my duty to make him an offer he couldn't refuse and try to take both of them  .  I couldn't help it, as soon as i saw them i knew i had to at least try.  He took my offer and they are both mine.  No, i am not sure what i am going to do with them just yet.  I will open them up, show the guts and run them on the dyno at some point i know that!  It would be fun to do an oldschool SQ build with all vintage Soundstream amps some day.  But just having them in my collection feels so nice   More pics and some vids coming soon!

Serial #25XX (i forgot to take a pic) and Serial #31XX (also forgot to take a pic).  Ill have more updates to this post as i pull them apart and look at the guts

• By Trogdor
      I have a R.F. P600.2. For the longest time it was working just fine. Then one day it just stopped. I finally nailed the issue down to the Power Block (Power, Ground, Rem) area. If i lift up on my wires just a little bit the amp turns on with no problem. But it only lasts for a few seconds. I think that i have to re-solder the connections internally. but im not sure...any ideas?

• By Andrew Storlie
      so looking to get a big boy amp and ive been hearing about the brand "Banda" for awhile and gave them a look... trying to figure out if they are real... a 7k rated 12.6v at 1ohm amp for only 790usd!!!! cant be true... and a freaking 10krms rated for 1300... ive seen a video of evo looking at one powering 4-15s in a wall doing a 155+ and lots of other high end power builds with them so i ASSUME they are doing rated or atleast close to it. STEVE MEADE.... please get your hands on a banda amp and dyno it please... this would be crazy and good for alot of people to hear they are good amps.
      THIS IS THE SUB IM LOOKING TO POWER
      EMF Ermagerd 18 V2 neo

• By CRich614
      I'm kind of new to car audio and I can't seem to figure this out. If you are using a crossover or DSP how do you get power to your tweeters? I don't know any amplifiers that have that low of wattage except 4-channel amps. But then they only have 2 outputs, show what do I do with the other 2 channels? 
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 658 Guests (See full list)