Sonic Electronix

I DONT UNDERSTAND SOUND DEADENER!!

If you want to be heard down the street why dont you just get loud then :shrug: .

Everyone on here is acting like they only beat at shows and not going down the road so they dont piss people off.

Any time you turn up your system it can be heard. So everyone on this forum is pissing people off even if they mean to or not

yes we have it loud cuz 98% of us like it loud. we build for us and not the people on the road. we not like those people putting 6x9s on the grill of the car so it can become a mobile megaphone. but instead of asking how to eliminate outside noise this guy goes ahead and asks for the opposite which as you can see gets most of the people on this forum irritated.

The thing Rob apparently misses, is that many of us who are loud did not build so people can hear us down the road. THAT is the big difference. And to be honest, I do not roll around with my system blasting at 156dbs. I have the headunit volume on 4 almost always. Shit, I can turn off the bass and still be heard down the block if I wanted to.

OP, yes. There are a lot of people that love to set off car alarms, be heard 3 neighborhoods over, and just blast at the gas station trying to "shake the windows". They're called douches.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

The thing Rob apparently misses, is that many of us who are loud did not build so people can hear us down the road. THAT is the big difference. And to be honest, I do not roll around with my system blasting at 156dbs. I have the headunit volume on 4 almost always. Shit, I can turn off the bass and still be heard down the block if I wanted to.

OP, yes. There are a lot of people that love to set off car alarms, be heard 3 neighborhoods over, and just blast at the gas station trying to "shake the windows". They're called douches.

quoted for truth.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

put deadener and you stuff will sound more solid

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

If you want to be heard down the street why dont you just get loud then :shrug: .

Everyone on here is acting like they only beat at shows and not going down the road so they dont piss people off.

Any time you turn up your system it can be heard. So everyone on this forum is pissing people off even if they mean to or not

IMO there are acceptable places to turn it up i.e, freeways (in no traffic), industrial areas, and rural areas. Those are all fair game to me only because most of the people in those areas are used to low freq sounds battering them by 18 wheelers and trains. Plus in those areas there are usually higher speed limits, and less stop signs/lights. Allowing me to keep my rpms up and my alts spinning.

It's just immature to do crank it up within city limits, neighborhoods, schools & hospital zones. No one wants to hear that shit there. And you just seem like that chick that's doing cart wheels at the beach saying "look at me, look at me!" (last sentence not directed at you rob, just people that bump in those areas)

Edited by Cuseikan

This is why it is nearly imposible to ask anything on this forum...The Constant bashing over a simple question...If your so against the post why post on it? Im sorry but if u got 4 18's or a walled setup your in no way not tryna be heard outside....yes there are times and places for this but lets be real... We all crank it up at times and reality of this is people do hear you and might think your the douchbag/asshole that your all calling this guy....the OP's question about wanting to be heard outside is something we all wanted at some point when we put walls and masses of subs...if you got 5000 watts and say your not tryna be heard your full of it....it doesnt take a wall or that much power to just get personal bass..i agree schools & residential areas is a bit rediculous to be turning it up....i personally run 2 12's 1000watts for my daily and got my 15's for when i wanna get loud (shows,meets,ect) but to have 20 members on here calling this guy a asshole and a douchbag is the childish aspect of the post...systems are for personal enjoyment and if he enjoys gettting distance and being heard then thats how he enjoys his system...not how i enjoy my setup but just a thought for those of you calling him a douchbag for ENJOYING HIS SETUP and asking how something works....whats makes some of these replys crazy is iv seen many members post videos and there in their driveway's and front yards on youtube talking about we gotta do this quick the neighbors getting Mad....does that make them douchbags too? i personally think everyone knows when your being ignorant....

Edited by DatDude619

This is why it is nearly imposible to ask anything on this forum...The Constant bashing over a simple question...If your so against the post why post on it? Im sorry but if u got 4 18's or a walled setup your in no way not tryna be heard outside....yes there are times and places for this but lets be real... We all crank it up at times and reality of this is people do hear you and might think your the douchbag/asshole that your all calling this guy....the OP's question about wanting to be heard outside is something we all wanted at some point when we put walls and masses of subs...if you got 5000 watts and say your not tryna be heard your full of it....it doesnt take a wall or that much power to just get personal bass..i agree schools & residential areas is a bit rediculous to be turning it up....i personally run 2 12's 1000watts for my daily and got my 15's for when i wanna get loud (shows,meets,ect) but to have 20 members on here calling this guy a asshole and a douchbag is the childish aspect of the post...systems are for personal enjoyment and if he enjoys gettting distance and being heard then thats how he enjoys his system...not how i enjoy my setup but just a thought for those of you calling him a douchbag for ENJOYING HIS SETUP and asking how something works....whats makes some of these replys crazy is iv seen many members post videos and there in their driveway's and front yards on youtube talking about we gotta do this quick the neighbors getting Mad....does that make them douchbags too? i personally think everyone knows when your being ignorant....

I'm gonna go buy and pizza and throw it at somebody on the sidewalk because that is how I enjoy my pizza. Now all pizza lovers get labeled as the "pepperoni tossing douchebag". Doesn't seem fair does it?

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I use my system for personal use, but also to "Show off" to my friends whenever I want. I do believe that there is a time and place for all of this, it's just called using your own common sense and judgement on when you should, or should not blast it at full tilt. Most of us know when those are, some people get heated at those who don't know when to because it ends up with other people stereotyping everyone else witha system. I do agree though, that it's had sometimes to ask a question without being flamed sometimes.. just have to know how to ask your question. Well. Im tuned in to see some replies. :popcorn:

Edit: That's just my 2cents on how I use my system.

Edited by TheNewbie

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Here is the real point!

People don't mind to listen to loud things when the sound they make sounds good and is clean and loud but when your music sounds like shit and rattles to all hell there isn't anyone alive willing to listen to that fucking garbage ass rattle trap you call a car. Just like we all like to listen to that jackass at 3am on his harley with a straight pipe going full bore right outside your window that you can hear 20 blocks away still full on the throttle.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2