Sonic Electronix

Most shops are just a bunch of fucking clowns. There are a few that really know there stuff though. And if you have a car, I would not put an 18 in a trunk, I would do a pair of 10s or 12s.

I have (2) 18" Punch HX2 woofers in the trunk of my 2003 Mustang GT . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Dont 18" subs generally get lower than a 10 or 12 due to a lower resonace or something, and beacuase the 10s and 12s would "peak" at higher frquencies they would be tighter and more accurate and the the 18 would sound worse. Is that maybe what theyre talking about worse quality from the 18?

Maybe? Just a thought

I can definitely say it is easier to hit lower frequencies easier with an 18" than a 10". But the reason is because of the huge increase in cone area. Not because of the reasonance. The fs of a sub dosnt mean much once it's in a box.

LOL the huge increase in cone area is why the resonant frequency is lower...

18"s get lower because their resonant frequency is lower. Lower is slower. IE: 18's are naturally SLOWER than lesser sized subs. The cone and motor size/weight/mass are what make the resonant frequency what it is. It is the objects natural resonance, the frequency at which it moves the easiest. Obviously, bigger things move slower than smaller things. Everything physical in the world has a resonant frequency. Trying to say an 18" can move just as fast as a smaller sub is DEFYING PHYSICS.

Can a semi stop on the same dime as a Geo Metro? Didn't think so...

An 18" cone can be lighter than a 10" cone. It doesn't matter because the 18" cone is pushing at least twice as much air than a 10. This causes physical resistance that the voice coil and physical suspension of the sub has to fight. An 18" cone, no matter how light, will have to work twice as hard as a 10" to move a proportional amount of air. The extra air resistance from the extra cone area causes a slow down in transient response. The cone can not be where it's absolutely supposed to be, fast enough.

SIGH. Your sad attempt at science is amusing yet wrong. You seem to have confused what you think applies to separate subject. You have been officially added to the ignored list.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

SIGH. You have been officially added to the ignored list.

How can I do this?

My settings (User CP) --> 'Ignore' Preferences

Then just type in the guys username. You an post the persons posts, signature, messages, or chats.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

uhhh no. A frequency is a frequency, if woofer A can play 50 hz and woofer B can play 50 hz, then they will both move 50 times per second regardless of size.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

im doing this right the fuck now. you're actually useful for once hunter :P

edit: lol holy shit it worked! sweet!

shutup.. go buy more ebay alts :D

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived