Sonic Electronix

Was it a JL audio 10"?

As a matter of fact... it was lol

should of asked him what the point in a JL 13w7 is lol. Seriously why make a 13" woofer

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea where the hell do people get the idea that 18s are sloppy and 10s are clean? Wtf is sloppy? Lol idk about you but I can't hear the difference between a 10, 12, 15, 18! Shops need to crawl out from the cave they work in!

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Yea where the hell do people get the idea that 18s are sloppy and 10s are clean? Wtf is sloppy? Lol idk about you but I can't hear the difference between a 10, 12, 15, 18! Shops need to crawl out from the cave they work in!

Oh yeah and he also told me that 12's are just vibration and 15's are even more........

i remember being in worst buy's car audio section a while back, and i saw this sign saying 10's are better for rock music and sound quality and are tighter or some bullshit. and that 12's were better suited for rap music but were sloppier. im like what the fuck, i laughed

18's are just too fucking loud :angry2: lol

there was this one shop that would tell my brother 18's are over rated and that FI/AA was knockoffs, so i had to drove over there and show them they was bullshit

Like twistedchild420 said on one of his videos, size doesn't matter, it's all about the enclosure and tuning. Hell, the 30 inch sub from the 1985 Terminator looks like it'll produce better "double bass" than any 8' or 10' installed by a shop.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

We all must remember shops are a business and they are going to say what they can to meet the margin goals, not many people walk into a shop and buy 18's. Actually of all the people I know and work with none of them have bought their 18's from a shop, so shops keep on hand what people walk in and buy.......10's 12's and a few 15's. Also nobody wants to pay labor on a custom built enclosure, when we all know 15 guys who will build you 1 for 1/4 of the cost (whether it's worth a shit or not is the main question) so shops have prefabs on hand to sell quickly and affordable to those who stroll in off the street and they still make a buck. With an increase in the internet allowed the increase in internet sales and with this it sucked all the profit out of the equipment it self. So yeah most shop owners are a little pissy and are hanging on with basic installs and remote starters.

We all must remember shops are a business and they are going to say what they can to meet the margin goals, not many people walk into a shop and buy 18's. Actually of all the people I know and work with none of them have bought their 18's from a shop, so shops keep on hand what people walk in and buy.......10's 12's and a few 15's. Also nobody wants to pay labor on a custom built enclosure, when we all know 15 guys who will build you 1 for 1/4 of the cost (whether it's worth a shit or not is the main question) so shops have prefabs on hand to sell quickly and affordable to those who stroll in off the street and they still make a buck. With an increase in the internet allowed the increase in internet sales and with this it sucked all the profit out of the equipment it self. So yeah most shop owners are a little pissy and are hanging on with basic installs and remote starters.

Yes i agree 100% and there are many shops that are very knowledgable and equipped but there is no excuse for some shops to be so pushy and to talk trash on other brands or things they don't know. Thats what gives me bad impressions

Archived