Second Skin Audio

Blew one of my 12" W3's today, what to buy. DC Audio??

Okay guys, I've always been a huge JL fan but after having my setup complete for less than a year in my show truck that rarely gets driven, blowing two JL tweeters and today blowing one of my 12" W3s I'm going back to the drawing board. I've already had the tweeters replaced, but since I blew a sub today I need to know what you guys reccomend. I want something that is LOUD! The amp I have is a JL Audio J2 1000.1 and I will be powering the new subs with this amp. I want to run it at 1ohm just like I was with the W3s. I've been leaning toward DC Audio, probably a couple of lever 2s. That seems to be the best fit for my amp. What do you guys think? It is a selaed enclosure because of limited space to work with.

Here's a video of my truck when it was all working.

http://youtu.be/g7KTGIDpZVo

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

DC makes some great stuff.

Then again, so does Fi, AA, DD, Sundown, Skar, SSA, Incriminator, etc.

Are you clipping? That might have been the cause of one of your subs blowing.

I'm not clipping them, I'd say I was just over-powering the W3s with the 1000.1 amp. I have to have 12s because I'm not rebuilding the box. It looks like a store bought box, but I made it and most of the box is fiberglass to utilize every possible square inch of space that I could get.

Box009.jpg

Box010.jpg

013-11.jpg

05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi - 22x11 Fuel Hostage wrapped in 37" Nitto Mud Grappler - 3" Dual Flow Master w/ X pipe - 10" lift - Alpine 103BT Head unit - JL Audio J2-320.4 - JL Audio J2-1000.1 - (2) 12" JL Audio W3V3 - (2) sets of JL Audio components - 5% tint - 6000K HID - CAI - and more....

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my w6 go out on me and after alot of research RE's SEX and xxx lines are supposedly better than the w6 with both SQ and output, THE SQ of the w6's is amazing so if all these people that made the same switch as me are saying this then i figured the new RE designed subs are the way to go. at $160 for the 12" SEX you cant go wrong. its 600rms but can handle more easily.

Like you a i was a JL fanatic. But RE is definitely punking them out on their high prices.

I would never go from jl to re. Old re yes new re no.

Op what's your depth like doesn't look like much

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived