dd-1 issues

whats the point of checking output voltage? what am i looking for?

Just making sure the amp is putting out power.

Do the same for the RCAs going into the amp - negative probe on the sheath, positive on the pin in the middle.

Post back your numbers on each.

Just FYI the DD-1 cant do amps over 15,000 watts at 1 ohm. Not saying I know anything about either of those amps or how much power they do but just letting you know. Apparently there have been issues with large amps (over 15000) causing problems on the DD-1

Had that issue with one of my amps. It takes a TON of power to fry the DD-1 and neither of the amps listed are capable of doing it unless OP hooked the negative clip to a speaker terminal or something.

The dd-1 would make a chirping sound if that was the case.

Edited by SnowDrifter

Just FYI the DD-1 cant do amps over 15,000 watts at 1 ohm. Not saying I know anything about either of those amps or how much power they do but just letting you know. Apparently there have been issues with large amps (over 15000) causing problems on the DD-1

Had that issue with one of my amps. It takes a TON of power to fry the DD-1 and neither of the amps listed are capable of doing it unless OP hooked the negative clip to a speaker terminal or something.

no i didnt do that its grounded in the proper place ill get those numbers tomorrow after work thanks for the help guys i appreciate it

Ah yes I remember reading about the chirping noise now that you mention it.

try turning your subsonic and filter the other way.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I've noticed on one amp that I had to turn the unit off and back on while hooked up to the amp. Seamed to reset the issue and get a good read from then on out.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

try turning your subsonic and filter the other way.

tried it when subsonic goes up it stops detecting signal

I've noticed on one amp that I had to turn the unit off and back on while hooked up to the amp. Seamed to reset the issue and get a good read from then on out.

tried this too still isnt working

so everyone else knows kingsuv scoped my amp a while back so i figured i would try the dd-1 in my truck just to see if it was a coincedence it wasnt working in these two vehicles but it isnt working on my truck either...im out of ideas

Why has track 7 not been mentioned? Try track 7

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

id email tony now. see what he can do for you. him or juan will get it straight.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.