Second Skin Audio

best wood to use for box

oak

Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.

Birch. Lighter and stronger than MDF.

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

I always used 3/4'' MDF, but I've been seeing alot of birch boxes. I'll try it on the SMD rebuild. I saw it at Lows for like $10 more than MDF. Any other pointers, do you still use 3/4'' ? ( any other pointers will be helpful)

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Birch is stronger and lighter, but more expenside than MDF.

But that being said, I like the sound of MDF enclosures a bit better at lower volumes. I can't tell at higher volumes, but birch enclosures sound like they reflect sound around the inside more.

I used birch for my box, i did my research and went with it, its stronger then mdf but more expensive but well worth it. i would go with 3/4 birch if i was you, man

they should have it at lowes thats where i got mine, you could look at my box build to see what its like working with it. and it was my first build to so you could get a good idea of it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/134326-sa-8-v2-duel-enclosure-new-pics-and-question/

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

I love how everyone picks the word "Birch" out of what was meant to be "Baltic Birch" and just assumes they are the same.

The shit you buy at lowes and home depot are not baltic birch or even close. The stuff you can buy at the super stores is full of voids and is generally only 5-9 layers. The good wood that everyone likes to use is 13-15 ply and is what is actually stronger than mdf being its void free and cross directionally laminated. You will pay a price for it however.

Generally, cabinet supply companies and good lumber yards are the only places you will find the real deal. Good luck on your searching.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

I believe the real Baltic Birch doesn't come in 4x8 sheets either, I'm pretty sure it only comes in 5x5 sheets. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that in someone's build log.

Birch is stronger and lighter, but more expenside than MDF.

But that being said, I like the sound of MDF enclosures a bit better at lower volumes. I can't tell at higher volumes, but birch enclosures sound like they reflect sound around the inside more.

Doesn't MDF give more output & help more on meter than Birch?

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)