Quest to reach 150db+!

this should be very doable...with enough electrical to get full output from that amp and a solid box and design it wouldnt be too difficult.

But...150 or not it should pull a decent hair trick unless you really mess something up lol

Team NorthWestSPL

^Depends on batts. What do you have in mind? I would get XS Power D3100's,cant never go wrong with those!

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

hahaha everyone coming on here "well mine does this # with this equipment so yours should have been...." think its been explained on here enough that it doesn't matter what your vehicle can do, and you can't compare it to anyone elses. getting to a 150 takes a lot of trial and error.....not just a ton of money and people telling you what you should do. there are too many variables to make any 100% accurate decisions...and you don't even know how well your old setup was doing. No one can tell you what setup will give you a 150 unless they have the EXACT same setup, in the EXACT same vehicle.

what I would do is get the equipment you want (2 18s if you prefer) and build them a box. get it metered, and start from there.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

You want to do 150s on music with 2 18s on 4000 watts?

Not likely.

I disagree

such naysayers

150 with 2 18s and 4k should not be horribly difficult

Exactly, if its clamped power it shouldn't be too awful hard. Especially if your not aiming for 150 sealed up, when you say musical i assume you'll be playing with atleast one window down. Pour your heart and soul into the enclosure, don't take any shortcuts with it and don't try to cheap out on it.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

they're deka intimidator batteries.

U should be fine with those. Keep that Kicker amp!

I don't got that bad of a mouth, do I? Fuck Shit Ass Bitch Cunt, Shooby-de-doo-wop.Skibbedy-be-bop,a-Christopher Reeves!

THE FUNNIEST U WILL EVER HEAR!!: Bak in 2010 my old neighbor gave me a demo of his 2 cvr's. It wasn't LOUD and I told him that. Guess what comes out his mouth? "Idk bro its usually louder, I guess it still has an ATTITUDE, It tends to get mad @ me every now & then when I turn it up too much!" :rofl::rofl: What the fuck! I was like.. " R u serious u CRAZY DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!"

Ahh, I luv the Forum & the Forum luvs me!!(STL)

Are you planning on keeping your tuning low cause if so then its really going to take more power to reach that 150 your looking for.Don't try to gauge what your vehicle and setup will do off of other people's numbers.Trust me it wont be the same.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

earometer.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

1. You were most likely clipping.

2. 9^3 for those 15"s was harsh

3. Enclosure is the most important thing.

4. I reckon your earometer is so far off the map you would find a new country and call it America. I reckon you may not be doing anywhere near you think.

lol @ # 4. "earometer" lmao. well 2 15s and 2500 rms should be playing 140. idk why it wouldnt, i have a 250 amp dc power alt, and 2 extra batteries btw.

oh and yeah it was pretty damn harsh, idk if i was clipping i couldnt hear distortion until they got really low, the distortion wasnt that bad though. my gain was set fine, and the bass boost was a lil over half. i didnt exactly break them in though, from the day i got them i started slamming them. they always had a smell to them, i knew it wasnt good but i kept bumpin then one day "pop" goes 1 15. smoke started coming out the port. lol

Dude, you need to give them some time to break in and be easy at first. In my personal opinion, it's best to turn off the bass boost on amp at all time. If you smell something, turn down the gain. Next time, please be sure to build a good solid box. :) Take your time and don't hurry.

Archived