I was told on Monday that my employer is going to be out sourcing all of their installs, auto/home theater. I will be able to finish up what they have left and clean out all of the vans and install bays, so this will take about 2 weeks. I still have contact with all of the vendors we used, so I have given thought to maybe opening my own shop. But I'm sure I would just get beat down because I can't do work for free and sell subs for same price a dude on craigslist had em for. So I'm probably to apply at Lowe's, seems like a decent place to work. And I imagine I'd get discounts on wood and shit for my own enclosures. Figured this would eventually happen to our store, people just came in all the time to say what their buddy had or tell us how many competitions they had won with a sub nobody had ever heard of. Or the 1 guy who was fired from Rockford so they wouldn't have to pay him for the pattens on the amps he invented. Anyway I digress, I was actually just wanting to vent some of my frustrations. I'm nervous as shit because I have 4 kids and after the economy collapse very little savings. My wife and I already have tension because we live paycheck to paycheck. Now I definitely can't spend a dime on my Explorer or time helping out anyone else they are handing me cash. This totally sucks. /rant off

Sorry to hear about your current job!

Lowe's, my mother worked there for many years and loved it.

They treat there employees alot better than home depot.

I hope the best for you and your family!!

Just hang in there.

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

Man, I'm sorry for the tough times. I've been there quite a bit the last few years because the type of work I do (construction) is pretty dependent on real estate, so I know all too well the feeling.

Just get out there and pound the pavement man, eventually you'll find something worth while. Ad be persistent! Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Good luck bro :good:

Yupp, I worked at Lowes for about a year and half, got fired for my own stupidity but it was a fun job even though retail sucks ass. I started off as a Loader, basically the store bitch lmao, I would have to go get Special Orders and grab fridges/dishwashers and other purchases into the customers cars, clean the bathrooms and get the shopping carts from the parking lot (which was the worst part). After maybe a year or so I was able to move up to the Lumber/Building Materials dept which was great, organzing concrete bags on pallets and sorting lumber was tough but better than getting carts and I got to drive the forklift quite a bit, in the rain was the best haha.

Only thing that sucked was the pay, I think my final pay after 25 cent raises here and there I was at around $8, always had 38-40hrs a week though. This was back in 07-08. If all else fails get a job in security, I currently work for Securitas, pay is site/duty dependent (as in if you stay at one site or if you drive to different sites through-out your shift)

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I hate it when a company decides to corporate restructure ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hey bro, at least they're telling you how you're going out. I just found out a few days ago that I was fired before I quit, and that was a year ago... Spent this whole year looking for a new job, telling them I quit to spend time with family. Found out a few days ago that boss's boss fired me that same morning and I was never told... Sorry for thread jack. Good luck on another job. More power to you.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

So I went around to all the shops in town and tossed out my resume with some pics of my fiberglass work. I hope to hear back soon, hard to leave a job that I also do as my hobby. Most of the time it doesn't even seem like work. Thanks for the kind words guys, I'm not even sure I am going to get the job with Lowe's they just had an add in the paper.

Sorry to hear that, Best of luck .......................

• Minivanfromhell -- Proud Member of Shut It Down Boyz & GEORGIA CAR AUDIO

Pioneer DEH-3400-UB

Vega 65 cs & 1" tweets & T3 4" coax in Front

1- Dual 300 with an AQ sticker

2-AQ sdc2.5 12's

1- AQ 1200D.1

Monster Cable RCA's

Monster Cable 4-awg

Custom 4 th order box ( by DBC )

Crescendo FT1's in rear- 1/0 Big Three

Opti Blue top in back for Mono Amp

Stinger Power dis. block