Came across what looks to be some good priced welding cable...does this seem like a good substitute for 0 gauge?

https://weldingsuppl...OR:terms::PA#A2

Welding cable is great stuff as long as its ofc. its gonna be a little less flexible but still I'd use it.

If youre short on cash get knukonceptz CCA 50ft spool for less than 100. Its cheaper than welding cable

Wouldn't the OFC welding cable be better than CCA?

YUP!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I have 25 feet of that Cadence 0 ga. its really flexable and is a good size but I heard its CCA not OFC even though it says OFC, I like the Knu OFC. Quality welding cable would be good too. as long as its ofc

Came across what looks to be some good priced welding cable...does this seem like a good substitute for 0 gauge?

Welding cable is great stuff as long as its ofc. its gonna be a little less flexible but still I'd use it.

If youre short on cash get knukonceptz CCA 50ft spool for less than 100. Its cheaper than welding cable

If they are the same size, yes.

Copper is about 1.5 times as conductive as aluminum

So OFC figure OFC is around 1.4 times as conductive as CCA

But, consider that KNU is oversized.

According to the AWG spec, KNU 1/0 has a .45 inch conductor diameter, which puts it at just below 4/0 wire

I will round down to 3/0 for this though

1/0 has 53.5sqmm of cross sectional area, and 3/0 has 85.0sqmm of area.

This gives the KNU KCA wire around 55% more area than 1/0.

~50% more surface area, ~50% less conductive. So KNU KCA should be just as conductive as OFC welding cable.

You decide if you want to deal with trying to fit 3/0 in 1/0 terminals. There should be no difference between the conductivity of KNU CCA and OFC welding cable.

If they are the same size, yes.

Copper is about 1.5 times as conductive as aluminum

So OFC figure OFC is around 1.4 times as conductive as CCA

According to the AWG spec, KNU 1/0 has a .45 inch conductor diameter, which puts it at just below 4/0 wire

~50% more surface area, ~50% less conductive. So KNU KCA should be just as conductive as OFC welding cable.

You decide if you want to deal with trying to fit 3/0 in 1/0 terminals. There should be no difference between the conductivity of KNU CCA and OFC welding cable.

yeah thats true, I used 2/0 lugs to fit my knu in there. The only thing I don't like about the cca is it does get hotter than OFC which means there's resistance, but technically it should be the same resistance so????

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

SnowDrifter pretty much hit the nail on the head. CCA is about 66% as conductive as the same sized OFC wire would be. Knu may oversize their wire, but if it fits into a 2/0 lug, that's only proof that it still isn't good enough.

OFC > CCA any day, every day

Oh, and Knu doesn't have any OFC wire. Their "OFC" is tinned. Last time I checked, tin isn't copper and therefore it isn't OFC wire.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

So that's why it was such a pain in the ass to get it into the 1/0 connectors I had lol. I agree with the Knu CCA if your on a budget. I used it for my big three and have had no problems. Still noticed a solid 1~2/10ths of a volt higher. The rubber jacket does seem kind of thin in my opinion tho...

Just ordered 36' of xscorpion 0ga from darvex. Ill let you know how it is when it gets here tomorrow! :woot:

Edited by KickerKid58

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

So that's why it was such a pain in the ass to get it into the 1/0 connectors I had lol. I agree with the Knu CCA if your on a budget. I used it for my big three and have had no problems. Still noticed a solid 1~2/10ths of a volt higher. The rubber jacket does seem kind of thin in my opinion tho...

Just ordered 36' of xscorpion 0ga from darvex. Ill let you know how it is when it gets here tomorrow! :woot:

Nice man! Hope mine gets here by Saturday, that way I can wire up my XP3000 in the trunk this weekend :D

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif