(Idea) Capacitors In High Amperage Setups

I wouldn't waste my time on using a capacitor on a 12volt battery system ... Hell, I wouldn't even use one of those to use as my boat anchor, might contaminate the water ...

could you give any specifics to this, im not trying to be that asshole but i hate when ppl come into a thread and say something when they have no scientific basis on their opinions

Wow, I never really though of it like that. OP, I now a damn lot about computers to, and using them as an example really brought to life how your idea was working. I'm tuned into this topic!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I wouldn't waste my time on using a capacitor on a 12volt battery system ... Hell, I wouldn't even use one of those to use as my boat anchor, might contaminate the water ...

could you give any specifics to this, im not trying to be that asshole but i hate when ppl come into a thread and say something when they have no scientific basis on their opinions

Simple ... I would rather have battery power (I have 5 batteries in my Sound Quality competition vehicle) than capacitors any day ... My batteries have lasted 4 years in competition without any signs of stress ... As far as I'm concerned, that is called tested results ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Simple ... I would rather have battery power (I have 5 batteries in my Sound Quality competition vehicle) than capacitors any day ... My batteries have lasted 4 years in competition without any signs of stress ... As far as I'm concerned, that is called tested results ...

ok and what kind of voltage drop do you see, if you can enlighten us as to how a capacitor could be detrimental to our charging systems then please share

ok and what kind of voltage drop do you see, if you can enlighten us as to how a capacitor could be detrimental to our charging systems then please share

To start with, I really don't care what you do with your vehicle ... Install one if you want, be my guest ...

I posted the fact that I would never use one ...

You have a good day Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

To start with, I really don't care what you do with your vehicle ... Install one if you want, be my guest ...

I posted the fact that I would never use one ...

You have a good day Sir ...

ok were talking about the idea of a capacitor in theory and with the information we have its plausible but i havent seen anything that suggests a capacitor will hurt anything, if such information exists i would like to hear it. yes batteries are good and with todays technology they can have more power drawn from them faster than ever before but you will almost always see some kind of voltage drop(whether it be .1 or .5), what we are discussing is the prevention of voltage drop altogether and ways to accomplish this backed with scientific facts and real world experience. saying that you will never use one and that your batteries have lasted 4 years does nothing to further this conversation. im not trying to be an asshole but you got that ball rolling on your first post in this conversation and i would sincerely like to hear your reasoning for ur opinion on capacitors

^^^ That was kind of useless information, and if you have useful info, say it. Also, he never said to replace batteries with caps, just add a fairly large cap with your current set up

Edit: Sanfu knows what the fuck hes doing

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

first mistake

comparing batteries and capacitors

not the same thing

not the same purpose

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s