Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

tuned in for results. In your testing what all are you going to do? 12vlt 14vlt 16vlt? Imp 0.5ohm and up? Im sure you will include imp rise with your findings for total wattage etc.

EVERYTHING will be included. I will be testing it on a rather weak electrical system right now. Mechman 250 amp alt, 2 runs of knu 0g and about 200a/h worth of secondary storage. The alt charges at 14.4. The speakers in use will be 4 American bass XFL 15s wired to 0.5 ohms. I will find out the rise when testing. The total volume of the closure is around 18 cu ft with 250 in^2 of port tuned to 33 or 34. (i dont remember the box specs off the top of my head but i have them written and will post them later)

if this is a weak electrical mine is nonexistant lol. big three wiht optima yellow top and stock alt. lol

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

Ive heard great things of the apk line of amps, isnt this the same exact amp as the skar 4500 but with.a different case?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

conisdering there is only so many 5500 watt boards and designs running around you have to really stop and take a hard look at what the possibilities are of this being exactly the same design wtih different components than the next 5500 thats out there. Remember same board different components can almost get you a completely different outcome on that alone.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just a small update: The build is coming along steady. I tuned the amp with the Oscope just out of curiosity on the 2 15s i have in right now. With the radio volume at 32 out of 35 (i never go past 28) and the sub level at 5 out of 15 i was able to set the gain right around 3/4 of the way up. Bass boost was also slightly adjusted. The test frequencies used were 35 and 45 Hz. Both curves were as smooth as can be. About 1/2 way is plenty of power for the 2 15s. I'm excited to clamp it when the build is done (almost there).

can you give results with unclipped signal from the headunit and no bass boost?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived