Unibody car. Making new ground? w/pics

Yea just hack it off and ground to the chassis...the rear strut tower is a good place like Kranny suggested. You were planin on some neg runs from the front to back right? I know the stock battery is in the back but you can (should) run a ground from the alt bracket to the rear batts.

Yes im waiting on wire to get here im going to do 2 runs of 1/0 to ground my alt bracket to the d2700. And there is no visible strut tower in the trunk :S all smooth sheet metal. The Rear shock is bolted on with one bolt on the outside of car. I'm debatiing where to put the damn batts at in there. If i have them near the center the ground is short but the Power to my amps is long. and vise versa with them where the ground is.

Edited by Amart88

front to back ground to alt mounting bolt... nothing will be better because you don't have a full frame. strut tower is an option but not as good as ground to engine block

Yeah that makes sense. Less resistance that way its direct. But would it hur to ground my batts in the trunk also? I like to over do things

front to back ground to alt mounting bolt... nothing will be better because you don't have a full frame. strut tower is an option but not as good as ground to engine block

Yeah that makes sense. Less resistance that way its direct. But would it hur to ground my batts in the trunk also? I like to over do things

Wouldn't hurt at all...in fact I would recomend it.

to be honest as long as its thick metal and no weld tacks around it, it will do just fine. obv just sand and clean it

my ground is beside my seat belt bolt under my back seat, i used self taping screws

if my ground is wrong someone plz tell me...

to be honest as long as its thick metal and no weld tacks around it, it will do just fine. obv just sand and clean it

my ground is beside my seat belt bolt under my back seat, i used self taping screws

if my ground is wrong someone plz tell me...

Nut n' bolt!

I dont have "backseats" (walled). I will be running 0 ga to alt bracket but I definitely want the batts grounded in the trunk also. Might grind out the factory ground tomorrow to make room. Just need to get anoother good ground thats close to the batts. Cant really nut and bolt it as its all flat smooth metal. I cant access the other side. IDK ill have to figure something out... There is a pretty small threaded stud coming out of the side of the tire well. Maybe id I sand it bare and ground there. Its Petty thin stud but the flat metal is what maters correct?

If you run Isolated ground runs, theres no point in running a separate (non isolated) ground to the body of the car.

If you run Isolated ground runs, theres no point in running a separate (non isolated) ground to the body of the car.

Yes, true but it never hurts to have more than not enough. Plus its sort of a "failsafe" it will take the path of least resistance anyways