Bad News.....Bad Shortblock?

have you tried any lucas oil treatment or sea foam to see if its just some crud built up?

Nope I haven't how do I do either of those?

put seafoam in ur gas tank when ur just about empty and fill it up, treats about 20-25 gallons i believe

about how much should I put in? And im assuming autozone or somewhere has this?

well, i guess if it can be put in ur oil, im not sure, but if u put it in ur gas tank (its fuel/diesel treatment) just use the whole bottle/can, call it what u will :P and i know some gas stations should have it too if nothing else, some place that sells additives should have it

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

you add it to your oil right before your about to change it. you can run it through your gas tank too but that will only clean out the fuel system...... if you run it through your gas tank get ready for some serious smoke..... this stuff is surely a mosquito killer in any vehicle.....it can also be run through your vacuum lines to clean them too but again that probably wouldnt help you.... dont run it for more than a couple hundred miles i would think.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Pop the oilpan, look in the bottom of it for metal shavings. If you find shavings it might be a good thing. Crank bearings can be machined, you'll pay a thousand or two for the overhaul but it's better than replacing the whole block.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

seafoam will break down the oil, if you put it in just run it for 20mintues before you change it. 300 miles and you may need a new shortblock. lol. 5100 sounds very high, get 2nd opinion/quote from other good local shops.

DSC_0127-2-1.jpg

whats the oil pressure look like? Check the oil and see if it looks like it has silver glitter in it, if it does its a bearing

I do know that when the dealer had it they said they found metal shavings in there...

If you have shavings motor is gone or will be very soon. With sea foam I put a whole bottle in the gas tank, half a bottle in the oil and let a vacuum hose soak up the other half. Let the motor stall out once it is done sucking up the sea foam through the vacuum hose and wait about 15-20 min before you start it back. It'll be a little had to start but once it does it will smoke like crazy and change the oil a hundred miles or so after you do it. Imo it would waste my time on it, that motor is on its way out if there is shavings in the oil.

EDIT: I definitely wouldn't buy a new short block, get it rebuilt

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

• 2 weeks later...

Which motor do you have? If you have a 5.7 then the shortblock should only cost $500 MAX. The SRT 6.1 shortblock would run closer to $1,500 - $2,000. You should check out LXForums.com. You'll find what you need there with people who can tell you what is wrong. $5,100 is a complete rip off. You can buy a long block 6.1 motor for less than that.

Archived