Sundown Audio

Better SQ amp: MB Quart or Soundstream

adreano17

...Zapco Xtant too.

Might be out of this guys price range, though. He just doesn't want to end up with a shitty amp for less than 2 bills.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I've heard the rubicons and they're ok. MB Quart Onyx aren't terrible, either.

It's only gonna sound as good as your worst component in the chain. Type S will sound nice with the right gear behind it. I cheaped out on my amp and that's why I'm not 100% happy with my setup.

yea, i had the 800a4 running them, they were great. my girl is dying though smh. i just dont want to go too much backwards you know?

If your serious about SQ amps, look at boston acoustics, zed amps, audison, older cadence.

yea, i already know about them, and they are out of the price range lol

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

both rubicon and the mb quarts onyx are trash.

look at audison SR series for affordable clean power, hell even look at the Arc KS line of amps for something affordable thats clean.

those other amps mentioned in the OP are what i like to call throw away amps

look at audison SR series for affordable clean power, hell even look at the Arc KS line of amps for something affordable thats clean.

well point me to where i can find one for under 200. whats so good about them in comparison to the others? they look like the same specs truthfully.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

OK, that's a different way to look at them... You basically said what he can afford is trash. He's just looking for a get me by amp that doesn't sound like complete ass.

They're not Boss, Pyle, Pyramid or Legacy.

FA what do you call affordable??? If the OP thinks the soundstream ref amps are pricey....

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

im looking for something under 200 truthfully, what would be my best choice for that FA?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

On Op´s sitde i would hold the RF amp, better amp than your MB-Quart and Soundstream ideas. And im not sure if the old RF 800.4 is still better than a Audison SR line amp.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

There is no better and there are no direct comparisons either.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.