DC Sound Lab

killed a level 6 coil

i just bought a dc 5k and its been on the sub for 6 days and i went to a comp in st. joes missouri to see what it does in a piece of crap box and almost did a 149 but in my final run the sub blew up lol so only 6k will kill a level 6 i guess it wasnt clipping for at least 2 months tht it was mine so at least i can start fresh this time.

p.s. also need a recone but kurt couldnt give me a price yet so does anybody know?IMAG0278.jpg

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

some already know how i feel about dc, but ill say it again cooling is key on a subwoofer.

i guess tooling is too, woodzy is the second person i know that has had coil rub on the lvl 6

Edited by baron_of_bass

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

song clipping? i killed my level 6..aparently 9k at 18v and half ohm it wouldn't take it..oh and coil rub LOL im yet to chop it up..i may today just to see.

how did you blow yours orion? im getting ready rebuild 2 of my xxx and run the 9k back at 12v me thinks..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

mine i reconed soundstream xxx with dc soft parts myself..thats why no bad on dc at that part..1st recone..lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

yet no one i paying attention to his piece of crap box probably couldn't handle what was going on i say recone and put it in a gr8 box

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

yet no one i paying attention to his piece of crap box probably couldn't handle what was going on i say recone and put it in a gr8 box

I guess no one read that, lol.

That was probably your problem, recone, build a better box and you should be good.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*